The Photography Thread

We'll come along to see your band.

you'll need a good lens

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

You're not the usual demographic.  However I'll get you some tickets.

Send to my new address in Hastings St Leonard's.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Like this???

10931959635_866535cca6_c.jpg

Winchester cathedral by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

• 2 weeks later...

I was that engrossed with the game this afternoon that I nearly missed the glorious sunset view out of my window. It was only my wife interrupting me that made me go and get my camera and miss the last 10 mins of the game live (watched back afterwards obviously!)

11135825665_7a447de4a9_c.jpg
Views from Home by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I was that engrossed with the game this afternoon that I nearly missed the glorious sunset view out of my window. It was only my wife interrupting me that made me go and get my camera and miss the last 10 mins of the game live (watched back afterwards obviously!)

11135825665_7a447de4a9_c.jpg
Views from Home by 77gazza, on Flickr

Way too much HDR processing for my liking I'm afraid.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Way too much HDR processing for my liking I'm afraid.

Fair enough, I quite like it. Personal choice and at least it was a deliberate effect rather than trying and failing to look perfectly natural!

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Fair enough, I quite like it. Personal choice and at least it was a deliberate effect rather than trying and failing to look perfectly natural!

If the result pleases you its a great photograph, regardless of mine or other peoples preferences.

I'm just not a fan of HDR, it has its place but I'm not keen on it in this type of landscape shot.

I quite like saturated shots, others don't. It doesn't bother me that they don't. Its personal taste.

Edited by Padge

If the result pleases you its a great photograph, regardless of mine or other peoples preferences.

I'm just not a fan of HDR, it has its place but I'm not keen on it in this type of landscape shot.

I quite like saturated shots, others don't. It doesn't bother me that they don't. Its personal taste.

Exactly. I agree about HDR generally, I tried a variety of different blends of this particular shot, some far more subtle but felt for me, this worked best.

I like people to offer constructive criticism on my work, doesn't mean I have to agree with them, especially when its artistic interpretation that's being discussed. Keep commenting!

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

Exactly. I agree about HDR generally, I tried a variety of different blends of this particular shot, some far more subtle but felt for me, this worked best.

I like people to offer constructive criticism on my work, doesn't mean I have to agree with them, especially when its artistic interpretation that's being discussed. Keep commenting!

I'd be interested to see a more conventional version.

Oliver and Andrea.

0W1C8041sm_zpsd5563ad6.jpg

11277879524_ff95f88851_c.jpg Edited by Kenilworth Tiger

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Clone out that twig in the middle. Job done.

Edited by Padge

Clone out that twig in the middle. Job done.

I tried but made a mess!

will keep trying

Enough!  Take this as a bloody big and very public warning.  This is three months in a row where I've had to step into the photo threads in one way or another and I'm now sick of it.  It's meant to be a fun thing.

Let's get this absolutely and crystal clear:  If Padge and others want to take the time to set up a monthly photo thread with some harmless voting attached to it then they get the complete support of me to do so without it being ruined by persistent bickering about it being a "debacle" or other negative posts about its fairness, objectivity or anything at all that's not to do with the photos themselves.  I will suspend any user without warning who decides to try me on this point.  Note, there's no may, or might about that statement, it will happen.

I genuinely couldn't care less about the fairness of the contest.  I couldn't care less if the winner of the thread has done so with corruption that would make the Zimbabwean General Elections seem honest.  IT'S A BIT OF FUN.. :angry:

(6 posts deleted)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Will somebody please please please talk me through slowly carefully in words of one syllable the way to post photos on here 

I use a Mac book

I know I'm dim

And I know people have tried before

But please show some mercy and compassion in this festive time

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local