The Photography Thread

A couple from last week ends game, North Herts Crusaders -v- St Albans Centurions

IMG_2919a-L.jpg

IMG_2844-L.jpg

Edited by Exiled Townie
  • Like 3

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

8 minutes ago, Billypop said:

Sorry, my wording was poor. What I should have said was from the "deal going down". There can be problems with that round here. Which is unfortunate.

Ah I see what you mean. I thought it was strange. I lived in Bradford for years and don't remember there being a vicar lane. In my day that kind of thing went on in the Manville on Thornton Road.

8 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Ah I see what you mean. I thought it was strange. I lived in Bradford for years and don't remember there being a vicar lane. In my day that kind of thing went on in the Manville on Thornton Road.

Vicar Lane, Bradford is in Little Germany a minute's walk from the Broadway Shopping Centre. 

The local council is keen to encourage businesses to locate to this area, so they gave approval for a hostel to be built directly opposite my workplace. I think the police spend more time there than they do at the Police Station.

46 minutes ago, Billypop said:

Vicar Lane, Bradford is in Little Germany a minute's walk from the Broadway Shopping Centre. 

The local council is keen to encourage businesses to locate to this area, so they gave approval for a hostel to be built directly opposite my workplace. I think the police spend more time there than they do at the Police Station.

Do you know I must have walked along it hundreds of times and not realised it was called vicar lane. It wasn't as you describe it in my day!

38 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Do you know I must have walked along it hundreds of times and not realised it was called vicar lane. It wasn't as you describe it in my day!

Yes, Vicar Lane actually starts at Bradford Interchange and terminates at Church Bank where Bradford Cathedral is.  There's some wonderful Grade 2 listed architecture in Little Germany including the building my work occupies.

• Like 1

Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey) taken with phone 

20170805_211715.jpg

• Like 2

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Love Perranporth, not been for years.  I need to change that.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Yes you do .

Looking at going later in the year next time .

More ground swell , less wind , mild right into the back end.

The guy cutting the grass at the youth Hostel gave me that very welcome information , might even camp in the hostels front garden .!!

perranporth 2017 003.JPG

10 minutes ago, henage said:

Yes you do .

Looking at going later in the year next time .

More ground swell , less wind , mild right into the back end.

The guy cutting the grass at the youth Hostel gave me that very welcome information , might even camp in the hostels front garden .!!

perranporth 2017 003.JPG

Might wild camp in the dunes... as long as the Watering Hole is open, it will be good!

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 10 August 2017 at 11:24 AM, Billypop said:

Yes, Vicar Lane actually starts at Bradford Interchange and terminates at Church Bank where Bradford Cathedral is.  There's some wonderful Grade 2 listed architecture in Little Germany including the building my work occupies.

DSC_0102.jpg

A few from the East Rugby League Grand Final play offs on Saturday.

Hemel Stags -v- St Albans Centurions

IMG_3025-XL.jpg

IMG_3028-L.jpg

IMG_3086a-XL.jpg

• Like 2

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website