The Photography Thread

Balloonatic

IMG_4620.jpg

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Been an age since I've taken my camera to a sporting occasion - mostly because the telephoto zoom needs a service and/or kick up the harris. This is with the 28-70. Taking that along both limits you massively and forces you to think about how on earth you're going to get any photos you want to use ...

45781657272_dd9e706c97_z.jpg

Not tremendous but I like it!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 11/8/2018 at 12:24 AM, Padge said:

Balloonatic

IMG_4620.jpg

Nothing against balloons if used correctly !

But they are a big problem for things that live in the sea .

When I use to work inshore on a lobster boat we removed loads of deflated balloons and the ribbon that would take a nuclear strike to destroy .

Went beach fishing last night , mate reeled in as it was time to head home and he had a balloon rapped around his tackle !!!

Like the picture , lots of colour .

Edited by henage

• 4 weeks later...

I had some spare time today before going to a family funeral in Scotland so decided to go do a drive-around the areas I used to know very well when I lived up this way.  One bit I remember spending a lot of time at was the local country park that was a reclaimed pit where they’d spent years decontaminating the area, clearing the bings away and rebuilding the greenery of the area.  The pit on the site is remembered by this replica pit frame and rail engine along with info boards.  For me, it’s only now I'm older and away from an area for a while that I can really go back to places like this and appreciate their symbolism.

B6703FBC-65D0-478D-86DA-93E96D4AFC5A.jpe

5F3E0075-D7A3-413F-8A80-E84CECA22AC6.jpe

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

In Copenhagen at the end of November. 

untitled-7953.jpg

• Like 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Gray1967 said:

The good lady posing in front of the Christmas tree. Happy Christmas everybody.

Flickr HerandMe2018/YouPic G1967

028.jpg

Sorry, the first thing that went through my mind when I saw this was Pole Dancing. I will go and have a shower & take the dried frog pills.

The good lady just read your post and found it really funny :-) She takes it as a compliment, that you would think that being a 60 something your first reaction would be "pole dancer"...shes confused tho...no pole,no swimsuit and a christmas tree?Oh and competitive rates etc :-)

On 11/12/2018 at 8:38 AM, gingerjon said:

Been an age since I've taken my camera to a sporting occasion - mostly because the telephoto zoom needs a service and/or kick up the harris. This is with the 28-70. Taking that along both limits you massively and forces you to think about how on earth you're going to get any photos you want to use ...

45781657272_dd9e706c97_z.jpg

Not tremendous but I like it!

Are you only allowed to play for the whites if you meet the required cup size on the shirt? ?

I'm sorry for my sexist comment. ?

#sorrynotsorry ?

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
  • Haha 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Are you only allowed to play for the whites if you meet the required cup size on the shirt? ?

I'm sorry for my sexist comment. ?

#sorrynotsorry ?

It's been a long time since you met anyone with DD cup, they are not. More like triple A. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 7:41 PM, henage said:

Lad racing in a hare and hounds event at Butts Quarry . Think it was 2008 . High risk pass time . Got to some nice areas , tracks .butts2.thumb.jpg.a3bd96d7bc462cce87b340b5fabc7f5d.jpg 

I've got some good one's from the Armthorpe MX park just off of junction 4, M18.

• Like 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of sunset in flight shots when returning from Rhodes last September.

fly_P1020004sm.thumb.jpg.05f6278d9c765f3d2301a743bf27ddc4.jpgP1020016sm.thumb.jpg.b74bfa206eb0f0b2618cefcd8291c822.jpg

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• 3 weeks later...

A view of home whilst out walking the dog yesterday afternoon.

untitled-0007.jpg

• Like 6

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I have a new lens.

It goes by the rather snappy name of Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD.

Unfortunately, my rather lovely and expensive, but now out of warranty, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 gave up the ghost following one too many bashes by a cross autistic child. So I've taken the opportunity to downgrade to a lighter and easier to handle lens. I'm getting old. But the Tamron has excellent reviews and I'm impressed by the build quality on such a 'budget' lens. Combined with the decent low light work the D7200 can manage I think this should be a combo that will work in most places where I want to take pictures.

It will get a full test at some sporting encounter over the weekend.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)