The Photography Thread

I know I get far too dull about how beyond amazing it is that *your phone* can take photos and *your phone* can edit them to a professional standard. And then *your phone* can show that photo to everyone you want to see it. *In seconds*.

But, anyway, my phone took this and then it was edited in Lightroom Mobile and uploaded to flickr before the coffee was cool enough to drink:

33159930428_c722c37b5e_z.jpgValerie by Jon Smalldon, on Flickr

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Enjoying the new lens. Can tell it's not professional standard like the old one but then I'm not trying to be a professional and having a lightweight lens that more than does what I need is more important.

Plus, it captures all the essentials you need at soccer. For example, two honest chaps, neither of whom is trying to pull one over on the referee:

46210701935_e844572d81_z.jpg

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a stroll with the Mrs and the dog to Goit Stock falls today, somewhere I've never been before despite being fairly local. I didn't have too much time to take many shots, but think it will be worth a return visit. 

2019-03-23_06-19-34.jpg

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

There's been a barn owl out quite often on an evening near us of late, so I've been out a couple of times when I've been back from work and the light has been decent to see if I can get a decent image of it. My technique needs some work, as wildlife is not my usual subject, however hopefully I'll keep improving with practise, and a little luck if it comes reasonably close to me again.

untitled-0351.jpg

• Like 7

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 3/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, Bleep1673 said:

Dressed like that!

Praps im being thick here but still dont get it :-)  " I thought that I'd seen you in Tesco's. " ???

• 2 weeks later...

44384051330_4b15bb422b_k.jpgDSC06560 by David  Hesketh, on Flickr

I don't normally consider my daughter as being darker skinned than most, but this picture taken at her B'day party last year brought it home to me, she is Back row, far left mixed English/Jamaican, then a Czech girl, French Boy, Scottish Boy, Czech Boy, English Girl, Front row is Polish, Slovakian, half polish, English, English & Finnish.

• Like 1