The Photography Thread

In Hull's Albert Dock today, encouraging signs that the green transport message is being taken on board by the giants of the heavy metal world.

DocksOctober2010015.jpg

Bruce Dickinson eat your heart out.

DocksOctober2010009.jpg

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Very nice! The buggers had it hidden behind scaffolding last time I went.

The mother in law spent her formative years growing up in the walls of Wells Palace just round the corner were her dad was a regular swimmer in the moat!

the interior is spectacular

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

the interior is spectacular

I believe so, I've never made it inside the Cathedral, we spent most of our time in the Palace on the only time I've been, the mother-in-law was giving us the whistle stop tour.

Vicors Close just around the corner from the Cathedral can make for some interesting photos if you've not seen it.

St.Judes v Siddal

JudesvSiddal_IMG_8953.jpg

JudesvSiddal_IMG_8832.jpg

JudesvSiddal2_IMG_8966.jpg

More from this match HERE

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I have a question based on imagery.

Can someone supply two photos that represent the difference in picture quality between standard definition and high definition in television?

That request will no doubt get ripped to shreds but it isn't a difficult task to understand.

L'ange, your pictures are coming on in leaps and bounds. Practice makes perfect.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

nick-1.jpg

For me, that pic is what photography should be about. It doesn't half make you wonder what's going through his head.

The autumn pics on the last page highlight what a great time of year this is for nature photography.

I agree with Padge, your pics are getting much better!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"