Your Favourite Ever Rl Shirt

It's a while since we had the classic shirt thread and as I'm going to try and collect some Northern/Bulls shirts soon I thought it'd be good to have a nostalgic thread. What makes a classic shirt for you the look or the memories of your team in it??

For me as a shirt is the Canberra "Milk" shirt ala Mal Meninga. Who said bogey green couldn't look cool?

For my club toss up between tradition and memories. The original hoops of Northern is iconic for me yet the "Compac" shirt of the late 90's brings out alot of memories (including girlfriends!! :wub::blink: lol)

Another one I'd like to stick in for now is the Widnes "ICI" late 80's shirt. Simple but great.

Edited by Mumby Magic

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Swindon St George 2007

It's our 1st kit and I love it. (Sorry can't get the link to work. Goole Swindon St George if you want a look.)

Also Australias is a classic much as it pains me to say.

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

It's a while since we had the classic shirt thread and as I'm going to try and collect some Northern/Bulls shirts soon I thought it'd be good to have a nostalgic thread. What makes a classic shirt for you the look or the memories of your team in it??

For me as a shirt is the Canberra "Milk" shirt ala Mal Meninga. Who said bogey green couldn't look cool?

For my club toss up between tradition and memories. The original hoops of Northern is iconic for me yet the "Compac" shirt of the late 90's brings out alot of memories (including girlfriends!! :wub::blink: lol)

Another one I'd like to stick in for now is the Widnes "ICI" late 80's shirt. Simple but great.

I think every Widnes fan who hasn't got that shirt wants it. I always check ebay for it.

• Like 2

i really liked the cronulla shirts from the WCC in 97 - also thought the team were fantastic.

Also really liked the Hunter Mariners shirt from that season.

No offence to Sheffield Eagles fans but some of their shirts have been appalling.

How about that purple/green thing that B Northern had in the early 90s - i bought one, what was i thinking??? :wacko:

For simplicity, the old plain red Salford shirt with the big S.

For optimism, the original Fulham shirt, black with red and white Vee.

For style, the GB shirt, white with a red and blue Vee, but without all the recent messing about.

For history, the Kangaroos green with a gold double Vee. They've never mucked about with the design and it deserves its iconic status.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I think every Widnes fan who hasn't got that shirt wants it. I always check ebay for it.

Didn't Widnes have a red Addidas away shirt around that time.If my memories not playing tricks I thought that was a great strip. :unsure:

The Fev shirt dark blue with narrow white stripe and the LINPAC sponsor name. The 1995 England RLWC shirt with the St George cross on it.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Showing my age but love all the old simple shirts pre sponsors and logos with the number patch on the back.

My favourite was the Swinton V shirt that my late father wore in the great side of the 60s. I have one framed.(The same V that Saints copied and claim as their own :angry:

I've got one................ and not just any old one :D

The worst shirt i can remember was Hull KR's Blue, orange and god knows what else deckchair design.

That was a monstrosity.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Didn't Widnes have a red Addidas away shirt around that time.If my memories not playing tricks I thought that was a great strip. :unsure:

Think the one your referring to was a few years earlier and was the alternate to the white shirt with three black stripes. It was an all red kit and did look very smart.

The one Mikes on about is considered by many as the classic Widnes shirt.

I think initially it was made by Bukta but they had problems with it.

Umbro then took it on.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Two chocolate hoops and collar on white - great memories of Parkside.

Blackpools Tangerine white and black. Retro classic.

Great to see Haven back in the old primrose, blue and chocolate.

Go on them smart ar$es....

Name the colours that

1. Huyton

2. Liverpool City

3. Liverpool Stanley

4. Belle vue Rangers

5. Bramley

6. cardiff City

7. carlisle

Played in??

batten2.jpg

Game over

i love that photo.

looking one mean dude too, well worth

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

A very special kit for me was from the first Hornets game I saw - all white, with the red and blue hoops across the chest (other, more knowledgeable Hornets fans will have to tell you the order of the hoops).

Other than that I like basic, traditional designs - Australia, the 'proper' GB and NZ.

However, my all time favourite is the PNG kit from the 1987 British tour (as shown on the Rothmans Yearbook 1988-89, which I have in my grubby paw at this moment). Traditional, bright colours and very dignified.

For simplicity, the old plain red Salford shirt with the big S.

For optimism, the original Fulham shirt, black with red and white Vee.

For style, the GB shirt, white with a red and blue Vee, but without all the recent messing about.

For history, the Kangaroos green with a gold double Vee. They've never mucked about with the design and it deserves its iconic status.

Great choices but, just out of interest, why optimism for Fulham?