Your Favourite Ever Rl Shirt

Two chocolate hoops and collar on white - great memories of Parkside.

Name the colours that

1. Huyton

2. Liverpool City

3. Liverpool Stanley

4. Belle vue Rangers

5. Bramley

6. cardiff City

7. carlisle

Played in??

1. Hmm...all red?

2. Dunno

3. Yellow/blue

4. I'm guessing blue/white hoops.

5. Amber/black

6. Blue and white (The Blue Dragons)

7. Similar to Rochdale's kit? Blue with red/white trim.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

A couple of years ago, I was trying to fing a repro Wigan jersey (strictly no advertising).

Someone on the forum sent me an address where I could obtain one. A computer crash lost the address.

If the person who sent that mail sees this posting, would he please send it again.

Many thanks

jbd

SL needs clubs from outside the Heartlands.

Why optimism for Fulham?

Because, when Fulham launched, it was a really optimistic time for RL. Here was a team that seemed like it was going to truly establish TGG in London. They were fresh, they were exciting and the game seemed to be going places. The shirt was ace, too!

• Thanks 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Name the colours that

7. carlisle

Played in??

Any vomit-inducing combination of blue, red and white.

The kits that taste forgot by and large.

For me it has to be the classic 1988 Salford strip as shown on the front of this program against Widnes.

bafc_1.JPG

For once on matters of shirts we agree. That was a fine jersey.

Harlequins RL have had a good run of away shirts as well.

But Fulham's, as mentioned and kind of modelled by the Skolars these days I think, is the best.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

For once on matters of shirts we agree. That was a fine jersey.

Ive been pestering Salford for the past 3 years to go back to that popular style of the late eighties but its like talking to a dead tree.

Most of us in our 30's and 40's remember that strip very well so why don't they make a heritage jersey?

Why optimism for Fulham?

Because, when Fulham launched, it was a really optimistic time for RL. Here was a team that seemed like it was going to truly establish TGG in London. They were fresh, they were exciting and the game seemed to be going places. The shirt was ace, too!

Sorry, I misread that, I thought you were saying the kit looked optimistic. :rolleyes: It was late. :unsure:

A fine kit.

I quite liked Workingtons away shirt from a couple of seasons ago - black and grey? chevron with a big Jennings logo on the front. Also, Salford 96-97 black away shirt too - so good I actually bought one! :)

Chocolate, blue and gold also gets my vote!! ;)

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

For me it has to be the classic 1988 Salford strip as shown on the front of this program against Widnes. Ive got Worall's jersey from that year, no 10.

bafc_1.JPG

By the way what happened to Steve Herbert?

Wasn't this an attempt to copy the design of the early 80's Parramatta kit?

• 9 years later...

The Portsmouth Polytechnic kit of 1975-ish.

The entire student union budget allocated to the new team was blown on a spectacular set of shirts. If memory serves me correctly,they were vivid gold and turquoise and purple,with possibly a double chevron. At that time,there was nothing else like it anywhere.

The shirts were so amazing that the players stole them when they graduated,meaning the legacy was lost for all time. This was back in the day when anyone playing League,even at amateur levels,was banned for life from ever playing Union, so I imagine many never got worn on a pitch again but would have attracted attention as casual wear down the pub.

Definitely one that splits the Leigh fanbase, but personally I loved the 1997 Leigh away shirt below. Also, for some reason, I had the foresight as an 11 year old to buy it in an adult size that was far too big for me at the time but can now be dragged out on occasion!

rugby_shirt_2307_1_500x375x1.jpg

In terms of Great Britain shirts, the 1994 one (below, left) is one that just conjures up images of that Jiffy try against the Aussies at Wembley and was my first real childhood memory of international RL, while the 2006 one (below, right) was a real favourite of mine. Puma did a great job with the fitting and material of it, and the design managed to look contemporary without betraying tradition.

1994-great-britain-rugby-league-shirt-ad rugby_shirt_165_1_416x500x1.jpg

What Chinese troll? I can't really recall a classic design in the 10 years since I started this thread, for the bulls. I think a lot of memories of great shirts are equalled with the amount of success in them. Two crappy ones in recent years are the 2 that looked like there were claw marks on them.

Wigan "Norweb" with velour stick on letters.

Fev away Orange and purple early 90's.

Halifax "Websters" home.

All goodys.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 12/06/2008 at 8:56 PM, Trojan said:

The Fev shirt dark blue with narrow white stripe and the LINPAC sponsor name. The 1995 England RLWC shirt with the St George cross on it.

Winter rugby version:

28310193_10213761409523175_1090911112_o.

Summer rugby version:

Featherstone-Rovers-Home-Shirt-2016.jpg

I like the design of the summer one apart from the neck which is not my favourite.

I rather like this Storm away jersey from 2015

storm15awayfront.jpg

Apart from the over large Crown Resorts abomination.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

What Chinese troll? I can't really recall a classic design in the 10 years since I started this thread, for the bulls. I think a lot of memories of great shirts are equalled with the amount of success in them. Two crappy ones in recent years are the 2 that looked like there were claw marks on them.

Wigan "Norweb" with velour stick on letters.

Fev away Orange and purple early 90's.

Halifax "Websters" home.

All goodys.

Fev away, Orange and Navy blue.

Sheffield's with the Eagle on the front, Catalan Dragons almost every season, the Kiwi one with the Fern, SRD When they had lightning on the shoulders (I think) and the Wolfpack home shirt!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Could have swore it was Purple. Beazer Homes sponsor I think. I'll stand corrected though.

Mainly Navy, White and Orange home kit,

Mainly Orange, White and Navy  away kit, (quite sure not 100%)

Beazer Homes 92/93 Season.

• Like 1

The Saints big red vee shirt from 84 when Meninga was here.

IMO RL as a whole misses a trick with retro shirts. Can understand why the players need light weight, skin tight poly versions but as a fan a decent heavy weight retro cotton shirt with a number on the back is a fashion item - game day or not !