Uninteresting Trivial Facts

an old school friend of mine went out for a few dates with a bloke a few months ago, he was mad keen, she wasn't, so she said those immortal words, 'i like you as a friend'...unfortunately, he took this as, 'i don't fancy you massively, but i may in time'....and she got her very own stalker for a while, until she lied about seeing someone new...to which he said he'd been seeing 2 other women at the time anyway and wasn't that bothered!!!

I'd say your mate didn't listen to the words spoken instead prefering the words he wanted to hear. Amy should just be straight with him and not play games. Game-playing gets you nowhere, as I'm sure Amy knows already.

it may be my advanced years, but from experience boys/girls 'fall in love' loads before they hit 20ish, so yeah, he'll be p!ssed off for a bit, but it'll soon pass...

I'm not convinced it stops at 20. Love isn't just the preserve of the young y'know. Even old duffers like us can have music and moonlight and love and romance once in a while.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

I'd say your mate didn't listen to the words spoken instead prefering the words he wanted to hear. Amy should just be straight with him and not play games. Game-playing gets you nowhere, as I'm sure Amy knows already.

my mate was the one speaking them...! its not playing games, stringing him along is playing games...sure, its a bit brutal, but it'll get the message across... its almost hard to believe i'm still single isn't it..!!!!

I'm not convinced it stops at 20. Love isn't just the preserve of the young y'know. Even old duffers like us can have music and moonlight and love and romance once in a while.

who wants all that gubbins....a kebab and a knee trembler round the back of morrisons will do fine.... ;)

foxes or poor people?

my mate was the one speaking them...! its not playing games, stringing him along is playing games...sure, its a bit brutal, but it'll get the message across... its almost hard to believe i'm still single isn't it..!!!!

How is "I'm sorry mate, I like you as a friend but nothing more" stringing him along? :blink:

who wants all that gubbins....a kebab and a knee trembler round the back of morrisons will do fine.... ;)

Yeah, but when you've had two of those a week for years it gets a bit dull, dont you think? :lol:

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Too much pizza?

Nope...just taking the pizza with my dumbness :D

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Amy should just be straight with him and not play games. Game-playing gets you nowhere, as I'm sure Amy knows already.

I have just read your's and Sam's conversation on this thread rather funny it was. To be fair this lad first met me at the Warrington game apparently he was on the same train as me as well something I don't remember at all. He added me on facebook the day after and started going on about how pretty I was which I kind funny as like any other teenager I don't think im pretty. I then got the whole why dont you have a boyfriend sort of thing. He then asked me for my number which he now has and he has spent most of today texting me. The reason why I have quoted the top part is because for once in a while I have to agree with what you have said M_M it does get me nowhere and I do need to tell him so sometime soon when he does text or make a nice comment i will just say to him that I like him as a friend but nothing more.

I don

get off with* someone in front of him!!!!

* can't believe i typed that, i'm 11 again!!!!

This makes me laugh I did this a few weeks ago and at the end of the night I ended up going back to the guy who liked me and telling him that I felt the same way. Unfortunately things haven't really worked out.

I don

I have just read your's and Sam's conversation on this thread rather funny it was. To be fair this lad first met me at the Warrington game apparently he was on the same train as me as well something I don't remember at all. He added me on facebook the day after and started going on about how pretty I was which I kind funny as like any other teenager I don't think im pretty. I then got the whole why dont you have a boyfriend sort of thing. He then asked me for my number which he now has and he has spent most of today texting me. The reason why I have quoted the top part is because for once in a while I have to agree with what you have said M_M it does get me nowhere and I do need to tell him so sometime soon when he does text or make a nice comment i will just say to him that I like him as a friend but nothing more.

sounds like you've got your very own stalker...well done you!!!

foxes or poor people?

I've just been cycling again.

It is the variety of life that makes it worth living.

Now I am going to try and do some of that instant messaging internet stuff for the first time.

Oh, and tomorrow I am going to Andorra to buy some unfeasibly cheap tobacco, a bottle or two of gin, and some electronic gizmos that I will never use.

And today is my 16th day without booze. I have emerged out of the other side of the climbing walls while perspiring freely stage.

I've just discovered that the Great Edinburgh Weekend is the same weekend as Murrayfield Magic. I was undecided about whether to go to it before, but I think the decision has just been made :)

I'm not round here much, but I still watch rugby and get drunk...