Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Why mince a pie? :unsure:

You know, I ummed and arrred over the spelling of that. I couldn't for the life of me remember if it was mince or minced. Minced clearly sounds stupid but doubt got the better of me! :blink:

If only Sister Bird had needled me I'd have got Haribo and this mincing mess wouldn't have arisen.

Anyway, its my Dad's birthday today (no, I'm not Prince William :blush: ) so G&T time and out for meal and much red wine.

horseshitne.jpg

Sausage (Porkinsons), egg (free range), and onions (fried) with brown sauce (Daddies), on bread (french) for my tea tonight.

Washed down with gin (bombay sapphire) and bitter lemon (supermarket own)

Yum

I really don't understand why I have "health issues"

nowt wrong with that,everything a growing lad needs from all the food groups,shlurpp

I particularly like the way that, if you work down the ingredients of the gin, add in the listing from the bitter lemon, and throw in the onions, one can quite legitimately claim to have partaken of one's Five A Day.

Yours with a healthy glow.

I need advice on how to motivate myself when doing coursework I can sit there for about half n hour and then I switch off.

oh now you've done it.

the contributors on here are not the ones to ask how to get turned on again...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I need advice on how to motivate myself when doing coursework I can sit there for about half n hour and then I switch off.

The human brain starts to lose the ability to concentrate after about 30-40 minutes. Get up, go for a quick wander around the house, get a drink or do something else for at least 2-3 minutes every 30 minutes. Also, every 2nd hour, have at least 20 minutes completely away from studying.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The human brain starts to lose the ability to concentrate after about 30-40 minutes. Get up, go for a quick wander around the house, get a drink or do something else for at least 2-3 minutes every 30 minutes. Also, every 2nd hour, have at least 20 minutes completely away from studying.

Also, stick Classic FM on while you are working.

Fides invicta triumphat

Saw this on bash.org and thought it was quite funny.

<hypnosis> 1. The human cell contains 75 MB of genetic information
<hypnosis> 2. A sperm 37.5 MB.
<hypnosis> 3. In a milliliter, we have 100 million sperms.
<hypnosis> On average, one ejaculation releases 2.25 ml in 5 seconds.
<hypnosis> Using basic math we can compute the bandwidth of the human male penis as:
<hypnosis> (37.5MB x 100M x 2.25)/5 = (37,500,000 bytes/sperm x 100,000,000 sperm/ml x 2.25 ml) / 5 seconds = 1,687,500,000,000,000 bytes/sec = 1,687.5 TerraBytes/sec
<Jck_true> Sweet
<Jck_true> DoS attack!!!
<hypnosis> a bukkake would probably be a DDoS then
<hypnosis> 11 men would give 17 petabytes/sec

Fides invicta triumphat

I got back from holiday last night. I got into work this morning to discover my entire team was off (was it something I said?) and that the job from hell had landed. ######.

On the plus side, when I was on holiday I finished a mere 2 places away from a trophy in a race despite standing at the start moaning about how hot it was :) It won't, however, be hot at the Abbey Dash on Sunday. It will be my 4th year, and every year it's been freezing. I predict a cold snap at the weekend...

I'm not round here much, but I still watch rugby and get drunk...