Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Brazil

Brazil got its name from the nut, not the other way around.

And in Brazil, they just call them nuts.

yup. a simpsons quote

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

But at least I got my own back and have dumped it out the back...

Jeez, i bet that was painful.

Don't ask..... :wacko:

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

What you mean wrong?

Very useful in pub quizzes that QI book.

I think they've admitted on the show to getting 2 answers properly wrong.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Very useful in pub quizzes that QI book.

I think they've admitted on the show to getting 2 answers properly wrong.

I don't know whether they've admitted this one yet but they got the one about Florence Nightingale inventing the pie chart wrong. She was a statistician and she did use a similar chart to display her data but it wasn't the first incidence of a pie chart being used.

Fides invicta triumphat

I don't know whether they've admitted this one yet but they got the one about Florence Nightingale inventing the pie chart wrong. She was a statistician and she did use a similar chart to display her data but it wasn't the first incidence of a pie chart being used.

Fair enough.

They do have a habit of giving theories as facts - America being named after someone called Ap Meryck being one - but given that it doubles the IQ of the BBC just by appearing I'm happy to let it slide.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I have a question that requires an unintersting, trivial fact for an answer.

If a person doesn't have any money to pay for fuel at a petrol station, apparently that person is allowed to fill out some kind of form promising to pay within '24' hours or so.

What is this called?

Bill Bailey mentions it on his Top Gear appearance, it's beginning to annoy me now.

Cheers.

Watched Watership Down

Sorry .

The merest mention always reminds me of this and I get the giggles.... :rolleyes:

I had a bacon roll for breakfast this morning for the first time in months. :wub: Bacon rolls with Reggae Reggae Sauce could easily become the cause of me being even more of a fat knacker.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"