Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Working from home today finishing off my marking. Have got two tests to invigilate tomorrow, works xmas do on Friday and then I'm off until the 12th January :D .

or, roughly translated, 'i'm a poor teacher and we have to work really, really hard...'

foxes or poor people?

or, roughly translated, 'i'm a poor teacher and we have to work really, really hard...'

Sev's a lecturer.

Take the teacher's tough lot and halve it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Sev's a lecturer.

And add in a good number of 18-21 year old girls for him to perv at ;)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've decided to take up an invitation from a friend to join him and his wife on a tour of the whisky isles of Scotland next April when all the whisky festivals are on. My ungrateful whisky-hating wife wasn't too pleased for some reason.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Sev's a lecturer.

...then quadruple the number of students you teach in each class, add to that the design and setting of the assessments, the research into each topic, the production of lecture materials, writing unit leader's reports and supervising final year and PhD students. In between which we have to fit in outreach programmes and then your research, which doesn't give you much time to write grant applications which means you get less funding, which means less time to do research so you get more teaching to do, ad infinitum. All for less pay than your peers who left uni after their degree.

Fides invicta triumphat

...then quadruple the number of students you teach in each class, add to that the design and setting of the assessments, the research into each topic, the production of lecture materials, writing unit leader's reports and supervising final year and PhD students. In between which we have to fit in outreach programmes and then your research, which doesn't give you much time to write grant applications which means you get less funding, which means less time to do research so you get more teaching to do, ad infinitum. All for less pay than your peers who left uni after their degree.

don't forget the phenomenal whinging about it too.... ;)

foxes or poor people?

I'm sorry, did you say something? :P

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I've decided to take up an invitation from a friend to join him and his wife on a tour of the whisky isles of Scotland next April when all the whisky festivals are on. My ungrateful whisky-hating wife wasn't too pleased for some reason.

I bet she moans that you never take her anywhere too.

Just no pleasing some people.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Had an appointment with a solicitor today, regarding the will of a chap i knew who died recently. The solicitor informed me that, as i suspected, he'd left his estate to his sister in law in New Zealand. I was able to tell him her name and where she lives so he could look up the NZ white pages on line in order to contact her to tell her the news.

As I was leaving his office, about midday, he said "after you've gone i'll find her number and phone her in a few minutes".

I had to point out that phoning an 84 year old lady, even on such an important matter, might not be well received at around 1am local time.

He looked a little flustered and then said he'd phone in the morning.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I don't blame her. As I too prefer bourbon to scotch I wouldn't be too happy either. :)

Don't forget writing for publication, which is linked to research but is still a ball ache.

*see how I stick up for you? You owe me one. :P

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

I don't blame her. As I too prefer bourbon to scotch I wouldn't be too happy either. :)

Don't forget writing for publication, which is linked to research but is still a ball ache.

*see how I stick up for you? You owe me one. :P

Go on Sev, Give her one :ph34r:

I bet she moans that you never take her anywhere too.

Just no pleasing some people.

It's down right unreasonable how much she whines... she grumbles when I don't take her anywhere now she's grumbling because I have arranged something as a surprise for her.

Wimmen...