Uninteresting Trivial Facts

we're down to the toffee pennies in the quality street tin :dry:

Same at work.

7 of those and feck all else.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Sounds tasty.

######ing awful. Absolutely ######ing awful. It took both sides 30 minutes to realise that I meant what I said and well into the second half before it got through their thick skulls that I wasn't tolerating their whining. Easily the least enjoyable game I've ever refereed and I'm still wondering what else I could have done bar red card both captains before kick-off.

At least the away team had the good grace to admit after the game that it was their problem that they kept getting caught cheating.

Games like that make me wonder why I bother. :angry:

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

######ing awful. Absolutely ######ing awful. It took both sides 30 minutes to realise that I meant what I said and well into the second half before it got through their thick skulls that I wasn't tolerating their whining. Easily the least enjoyable game I've ever refereed and I'm still wondering what else I could have done bar red card both captains before kick-off.

At least the away team had the good grace to admit after the game that it was their problem that they kept getting caught cheating.

Games like that make me wonder why I bother. :angry:

Tsk, in the season of goodwill too!

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I'd need more than 5 miles.

But I don't want a 6-pack.

I got a keg.And it's all relaxed/potential muscle....

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Had quite a good day with technology.

Got an iPhone and managed to set it up without a hitch. There's normally something goes wrong with a new contract/phone.

Re-established the wireless connection in the house which has caused me no end of trouble.

Finally sorted out the HDMI connection for the new telly/V+ box.

Tomorrow, in the course of my work, I shall be visiting a motorcycle showroom, a warehouse, and an abandoned factory. Its like being Scooby Doo.

horseshitne.jpg

Tomorrow, in the course of my work, I shall be visiting a motorcycle showroom, a warehouse, and an abandoned factory. Its like being Scooby Doo.

You must be a teacher then, cos you'll no doubt be with some pesky kids.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

People are idiots.

Whilst it's very nice to see Laughing Len chart at no. 36 with his version of Hallelujah, the dullards appear to be downloading the Various Positions version.

It's the one off Cohen Live you want you bunch of fools.

As corny karoake versions go this isn't bad at all

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

People are idiots.

Whilst it's very nice to see Laughing Len chart at no. 36 with his version of Hallelujah, the dullards appear to be downloading the Various Positions version.

It's the one off Cohen Live you want you bunch of fools.

As corny karoake versions go this isn't bad at all

I agree. Although it is the idiots who bought the terrible Cohen version that ballsed it up. I bought the Jeff Buckley version only to see that idiots were downloading the identical track but from his greatest hits one, therefore spreading out the d/ls and ensuring that ##### x-factor bint got to number 1.

Fides invicta triumphat

I agree. Although it is the idiots who bought the terrible Cohen version that ballsed it up. I bought the Jeff Buckley version only to see that idiots were downloading the identical track but from his greatest hits one, therefore spreading out the d/ls and ensuring that ##### x-factor bint got to number 1.

To be fair, she did 'win' by 567,000 to 80,000 (1st v 2nd) so even allowing for people downloading the 'Radio Edit' Buckley or the couple of Cohens I don't think it would have mattered.

It wasn't even close.

Anyone know what royalty the writer gets on a track download these days?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

To be fair, she did 'win' by 567,000 to 80,000 (1st v 2nd) so even allowing for people downloading the 'Radio Edit' Buckley or the couple of Cohens I don't think it would have mattered.

It wasn't even close.

Anyone know what royalty the writer gets on a track download these days?

Yowsers! Just goes to show how many people will buy ###### because they are told to. It is a truly awful version.

Fides invicta triumphat

Yowsers! Just goes to show how many people will buy ###### because they are told to. It is a truly awful version.

It's not awful, it's just soul-less. She only sang that song because she was told to... Simon Cowell's marketing people probably worked out that it had the best chance to be the big money earner for them.

Maybe old-age paranoia creeping in but much of the music nowadays reminds me of the bits in 1984 where they discuss mass-produced populist pish music for the proletariat to keep them happy. :D

Edit: THIS is awful. It is safe for work in that there's no sweary words or nudity but I take no responsibility for what you might do to your computer or any small animals nearby when you watch it.

Edit2: THIS is the worst rendition of Hallelujah anywhere... ever... Bono is just pish.

Edited by ckn

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It's not awful, it's just soul-less.

There are far worse versions of Hallelujah out there as a quick skim of YouTube will confirm.

I will never forgive you for that link though.

Next year's Christmas number one?

~Bon Jovi did an ok-ish version of Hallelujah.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Katherine Jenkin's version also out at the mo - if only for an excuse to put photos of her on the board.

Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful ...

:dry: