Uninteresting Trivial Facts

management speak for, "most of you are going to lose your jobs at the end of the month"

hope you get through it ok and the back stabbers and number 1ers don't get you

I worked at Nortel Networks in 2001 when they announced their massive redundancies, we went from a fairly good environment of about 100 people in our small department into a back-stabbing hate fest of people trying to secure the 20 jobs that were being retained. I'm very, very glad that I didn't "survive" that redundancy, it was the best thing that happened to me in a work environment!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

management speak for, "most of you are going to lose your jobs at the end of the month"

hope you get through it ok and the back stabbers and number 1ers don't get you

to be honest that's not the case, 2 senior managers look like going straight away... the compensation deal is pretty good and if i'm one of the chosen few, i've worked out i'll be ok for at least 12 months, i luckily took out mortgage payment protection 5/6 months ago....

foxes or poor people?

For the last 2 mornings my decorator (my Dad) has arrived at my house to find a light left on (accidently!)

I have made sure this morning they were off.

I cant get a hat-trick of lectures about light left on (its not blackpool illuminations :rolleyes: )

Curry tonight.

Not sending out for it, I'm making it, kind of a massalla.

Have bought the nan bread though.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Its a lovely day for wrapping up warm & watching some Rugger :D

I was on my roof this morning, sat next to the chimney putting a new digital aerial up. I could see onto the sports fields near my place where lots of small kids were playing rugby.

Sadly, it's a Union club.

So, as it was very cold, I was wrapped up warm and it seems, for a few seconds, was watching "Rugger".

Can I claim my

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I was on my roof this morning, sat next to the chimney putting a new digital aerial up.

I can almost see the headlines as man in Hull does a Rod Hull.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I can almost see the headlines as man in Hull does a Rod Hull.

I have to confess, Rod Hull's downfall (coat, exit, etc...) did cross my mind just as I was beginning the ascent.

Fortunately, I've done this sort of thing a few times in the past so wasn't unduly concerned.

The bit where you get off the roof ladder and onto the upright ladder leaning against the house is always a tad disconcerting though. You can almost hear all the cameras in the neighbourhood, clicking and whirring into action....

epa1494l.jpg

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I had the best curry ever last night, absolutely perfect.

Best part, (other than the odd botty burp due to garlic content), no ring-sting today.

Tonight's roast was spot on too.

Eat your heart out tv chefs.....

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010