Uninteresting Trivial Facts

The taxpayer is funding our wine tasting at 5.30pm

You taxpayers will not be welcome

Enjoy!

I'm a taxpayer, but it's Friday and the sun is shining so I'm feeling magnanimous.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

john davies just updated his twitter to say he is litsening to radio 1

Thanks for that.

3 choices as to who is saddest.

Him for thinking we care.

You for reading it and posting it.

Me for this.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I'll be straight, I', ******. Just spent about an hour trying to calm down a female friend who'd just lost her phone. Jeebus, I nearly paid for my helpfulness with my life!

Hmmm... this must've been one of my last acts before falling asleep at the computer, leaving some chicken nuggets uneaten. I'm told I was woken up and seemed to think my bedroom was out of the back door. Seeing all the garden lights arranged in a neat circle on the lawn this morning merely confirmed I had far too much red wine last night.

My throat is now sore from all the retching I've done.

horseshitne.jpg

My heart just sank a little.

:(

Mine did that on Thursday, well it plummeted from a great height. It picked up again on Friday though, so have faith. :)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Actually got an appointment to see a doc today!!!

Hopefully, can go back to work Weds, been a long 3 weeks.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

I lost out on a short, uninteresting contract today to another company who undercut me. Apparently they bid "nothing" and won't even be getting expenses.

It was only a one week bit of work and won't cause my business any problems but the principle of losing work to someone who will work for free is just frightening.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Popped round to someone's house this afternoon to look at a job they needed doing.

Last time I worked at her house, her husband let me in and I remember talking to him about Hull KR getting promoted and the first Hull super league derby being a sell out.

He wasn't there today so I asked where he was.

"He's gone to prison for 18 years for trying to murder me" came the reply....

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I lost out on a short, uninteresting contract today to another company who undercut me. Apparently they bid "nothing" and won't even be getting expenses.

It was only a one week bit of work and won't cause my business any problems but the principle of losing work to someone who will work for free is just frightening.

Strange.

You gain nothing out of working for free, and if theyre not claiming expenses theyre actually working at a loss?

Strange.

You gain nothing out of working for free, and if theyre not claiming expenses theyre actually working at a loss?

They're hoping to get highly paid follow-on work. Unfortunately for them, they don't know the client very well or they'd know that they'll be used with every single possible free day strung out of them then they'll be dismissed in favour of the next mug. This is one client I'll happily work for but they are also the one that I'll never budge on fees just to get a small bit of work, I know they'll never let me raise them again to my normal rate for future work.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Sounds like he should have got somebody in to do the job properly... :ph34r:

Oh no, he was quite happy with my workmanship....ah...I see now. :O

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I'm of to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs in Manchester tonight...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:lol:

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

I need a hero ...

:ph34r:

Cue Bonnie Tyler intro.... :ph34r:

My last planned game of this RU season has been changed from a very boring friendly match to a veterans' 7 a side tournament. I've already got the missus warned that she's driving me home as I'll be having a beer or three :D

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs were awesome. :D

The only bad thing about the night was Old Frightful sending me a text that cemented my worries about Hull FC even further. :dry: