Uninteresting Trivial Facts

The fairly gusty wind is coming from an unusual direction today meaning that I can't open my office window without having all my paperwork blown about. :(

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I got some of those passport sized photos done as I need to finally swap my paper driving license for a photocard one and also my passport is due for renewal in a few months, there were very clear instructions to not smile or show teeth (open mouth) in the photos and my wife just pointed out that I look like a war criminal in them. :(

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I got some of those passport sized photos done as I need to finally swap my paper driving license for a photocard one and also my passport is due for renewal in a few months, there were very clear instructions to not smile or show teeth (open mouth) in the photos and my wife just pointed out that I look like a war criminal in them. :(

I caught some of Monday's Watchdog repeat last night, they had a feature about the DVLA making monumental cock-ups with license renewals. And they wouldn't admit any mistake, until two complianants and that Watchdog woman went to Swansea themselves and walked up to the reception desk.

So watch out.

I caught some of Monday's Watchdog repeat last night, they had a feature about the DVLA making monumental cock-ups with license renewals. And they wouldn't admit any mistake, until two complianants and that Watchdog woman went to Swansea themselves and walked up to the reception desk.

So watch out.

A friend lost his bike license this way, the DVLA point blank refused to admit that they were wrong and threatened to report him to the police for fraudulently misrepresenting his case. Fortunately for my friend, he passed his bike test in the Army and still had his certificates and army records. This still didn't get him his license back until he got a letter from the Army manning and records office detailing his pass record. Six months in total without being able to ride and the DVLA still refused to admit it was their fault.

I do worry as it has been about 15 years since I last renewed my license and I need my car for my job.

I got almost 4 hours sleep last night, the new arrival seems to prefer sleeping in the day and torturing his parents at night.

Since returning from my two weeks paternity leave I seem to have forgotten how to do my job. Fortuntaley nobody has noticed so far, but this cannot last....

If one more person tells me I look tired I may well kill them!!!

I would like you all to cross your fingers please. :)

OK but when can we stop? It's really hard to use a keyboard or mouse.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I made my first decision today as a Councillor. I increased the dog litter bin collection in one park from twice a week to three times a week. Truly an uninteresting and trivial fact.

Also, I ironed 15 of my shirts tonight and finished a lovely bottle of Chablis. I'll most likely find the last 5 or so need to be re-ironed when I look at them tomorrow considering that I was feeling a bit lightheaded towards the end.

I made my first decision today as a Councillor. I increased the dog litter bin collection in one park from twice a week to three times a week. Truly an uninteresting and trivial fact.

Also notable though as a few years ago those things didn't even exist, now they are well used.

I do find our dog struggles as I hold here over them, though, maybe they should be lower down?

Also, I ironed 15 of my shirts tonight and finished a lovely bottle of Chablis. I'll most likely find the last 5 or so need to be re-ironed when I look at them tomorrow considering that I was feeling a bit lightheaded towards the end.

Ironing.

Can't remember when anything of mine was ironed last..... :unsure:

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

How many days are there in your week?

Nobody need ever iron more than 5 shirts at a time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Bacon butty spillage

That's what ties are for.

followed by sweaty pits

And that's what jackets are for.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

How many days are there in your week?

Nobody need ever iron more than 5 shirts at a time.

It's a rare day that I can be bothered ironing so when I can be bothered I tend to get through at least two weeks worth of shirts. That way I can just pull out a nicely ironed one in the morning.

One problem with being an ex-squaddie is that my wife's ironing is never good enough and she has been permanently banned from ironing any of my clothes. She took great offence once when I asked her if she'd ironed my shirt with a cold mess tin. That, and the fact that the few creases she puts on tend to be tramlines, means I do my own ironing.

I do acknowledge that she probably did it deliberately so I would do it myself though... she learned quickly from my not so accidental culinary incompetence. :D