Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I asked her if she'd ironed my shirt with a cold mess tin.

You realise that you're not actually in the army any more?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

You realise that you're not actually in the army any more?

Some things just stick in your head :( It's hard to leave that much stuff behind!

At university, I did a part-time student warden job to help pay the rent and the housing manager was an ex Regimental Sergeant Major. He REALLY struggled to deal with civilians who said "no" to him. It was very amusing watching him when he got annoyed as he would often get his old pace stick and march himself up and down the path outside the back of the building until he cooled down :D

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Also, I ironed 15 of my shirts tonight and finished a lovely bottle of Chablis. I'll most likely find the last 5 or so need to be re-ironed when I look at them tomorrow considering that I was feeling a bit lightheaded towards the end.

My mum and dad came down to stay and meet their new grandson. My mum asked if there was anything she could do to help out around the house. She spent most of the rest of the day working her way through my ironing mountain. She then cleaned the kitchen floor.

Mums are great :D

I'm bored.

You're from Wyke, you will be.

Forever..... ;)

(remember playing against them in the National cup, went to 2 replays after a 0-0 draw in swamp away, 8-8 draw which was ended after 1 period of extra time with us {Laportes} losing so we appealed as there should have been 2 periods, then just edging second replay about 12-10.)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I always had drawing pins stuck in my shoes when I was a kid

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I always had drawing pins stuck in my shoes when I was a kid

I had lots of segs. On one splendid occasion at the age of fourteen, walking down the slope past Mothercare in Eldon Square shopping centre, puffing on a Capstan Full Strength, I went A over T.

I went to Waterloo the other day. Not in London village but in Belgium.

Nearly 200 years after the event there was very nearly a final casualty as I walked up the 226 steps of the memorial mound.

Being fat isn't always fun.

In an orgy of poor timing and decision making I managed to miss three cracking games of rugby this weekend. Toulouse v Barrow as I sailed past on cruise control; Catalans v Saints where it would have been good to bump into BD92; and Limoux v Carcassonne where there were over 4000 on.

I instead indulged in some exuberant spring cleaning.

I had lots of segs. On one splendid occasion at the age of fourteen, walking down the slope past Mothercare in Eldon Square shopping centre, puffing on a Capstan Full Strength, I went A over T.

Segs were ace.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just managed to sort match tickets for the 3 Lions RU games whilst I'm in South Africa :D

For a grand total of

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The drawing pins were accidental...just struck me with the AOB on tacks v cyclists...where have they all gone...are they like white dog poo?

Anyhoos...segs ..yeah, me too...in mi royals once I'd danced the northern soul out of em

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

:O:(

I have just been informed that I must attend the wedding of an aunt in Scotland later this year. I have also been informed that the evening will be a ceilidh and that I will be expected to be kilted and dancing those bloody awful highland dances. I still have nightmares from my sister's wedding where she had one of those and I was forced to partake in that ritualised torture.

:O:(

I have just been informed that I must attend the wedding of an aunt in Scotland later this year. I have also been informed that the evening will be a ceilidh and that I will be expected to be kilted and dancing those bloody awful highland dances. I still have nightmares from my sister's wedding where she had one of those and I was forced to partake in that ritualised torture.

What goes around....... ;)

horseshitne.jpg

At last night's council meeting, one of the members of public was a hugely overweight man, dripping with sweat and puffing away from walking the 20ft from his car to the hall, he also looked like his personal hygiene was learned from the dark ages. The bit that makes this notable is that he was proudly carrying one of those "bag for life" fabric bags from British Naturism. One of the councillors, a retired old lady, looked physically ill when she noticed the bag and had a think about the implications. :O

My former Sales Director has just called me to ask if I can send them my final mileage reconciliation.

I wonder if he realises I don't work there any longer and that the chances of me doing any of their paperwork are somewhere between fat and slim :rolleyes:

My former Sales Director has just called me to ask if I can send them my final mileage reconciliation.

I wonder if he realises I don't work there any longer and that the chances of me doing any of their paperwork are somewhere between fat and slim :rolleyes:

Would some sort of fabricated document not be a suitable replacement, with mileage reported in feet and inches?

Would some sort of fabricated document not be a suitable replacement, with mileage reported in feet and inches?

You sir are a genius.

An evil genius perhaps, but a genius none the less. :D

It is five to eight in the evening, and the couple in the hotel room adjacent to mine are already on round three.

I don't know if I should congratulate them or find a bucket of water to cool their ardour.

It is five to eight in the evening, and the couple in the hotel room adjacent to mine are already on round three.

I don't know if I should congratulate them or find a bucket of water to cool their ardour.

you're not in Magalluf are you?