Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I'm working from the back garden today. Laptop with wireless connection. :)

It's now a bit hot so I'm back in my study ... pasty northerners don't do too well in the sun.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I'm doing a council "surgery" this afternoon at the election hall, I was disappointed to hear that it doesn't mean doing random appendectomies on people walking past.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

what's the photo of in your sig??

seems interesting

Thats "Dream" the new art sculpture unveiled in St Helens last weekend at the former Sutton Manor Colliery site. Its by the Artist Jaume Plensa & is the end result of a collaboration between Jaume, ex - miners (including my Dad), The Arts Council & Channel 4. The has just been a series shown on Channel 4 following the story of dream & other art profects in 7 areas of Britain called "Big Art". Worth a visit if you are passing :D . Its just by Junction 7 of the M62. You can see her as you approach the junction.

It is the head of a 9yr old Spanish girl in a dream like state as if reflecting on the past of the mine & looking to the future. Its "purity" of the white marble mix she is made of is to reflect the contrast in light from the darkness of the earth & pit underneath her. Jaume was inspired by the Miners saying that coming up from the pit at the end of shift & seeing daylight was like emerging from a dream. It also incorporates the St Helens Motto "Ex terra Lucem - Out of the earth, Light". She really is stunning especially on a clear bright day such as last sunday when the picture was taken.

More here from the original thread I started on it once the project was started. & here

Yes but I think this thread is where it really belongs :P

Why is it a Spanish lass anyway?

The Artist, Jaume, is from Barcelona (the clue was in the name :P )

They were looking for a local beauty to model for it.................they are still looking :P

Yes, very good.... :rolleyes:

oh sorry did I throw your coat too hard at you :P

Our new mattress was delivered yesterday, a pocket sprung mattress with memory foam topping. I have to say I am rather pleased with it, even our little 6 week old son seemed impressed, he let us sleep for almost 6 hours. He'll want one for his cot next.

I have a truly impressive collection of mosquito bites. Malarone makes me feel rubbish. I am trying to mask the effects with industrial quantities of Remy Martin.

Mind you, I'm coming home tomorrow!

We have a new kitten.

We have 2...a couple of weeks back..loads of fun

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion