Uninteresting Trivial Facts

This the third trip now?

I went to Ruislip yesterday for a little bit of work.

I won't be going again.

Is that a reflection of the quality of Ruislip or the quaility of the work? :huh:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Is that a reflection of the quality of Ruislip or the quaility of the work? :huh:

Most definitely Ruislip! Never been before; its now got a tick against its name in the book of places I have been, and a little cross to remind me not to go again.

Perhaps its my allergy to London kicking in again.

Most definitely Ruislip! Never been before; its now got a tick against its name in the book of places I have been, and a little cross to remind me not to go again.

On a similar subject, I was offered a small bit of work in Preston, the main contractor said "of course, because it's Preston there will be a

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

they were all dead and Gene was delivering them to heaven, the greasy bloke who was always writing his report and causing trouble was trying to get them to hell.

The bloke on the pub door was St Pete at the holy gates

So Ray was a murderer and committed suicide, aren't these considered big negatives when applying to go to heaven?

...otherwise thought it was a good ending, although I prefered Life on Mars

I am off work this week & boy did I need it :wacko:

I seem to be spending the week shopping, been to Cheshire oaks today. Going to Trafford centre tomorrow & thurs going to ikea to get new furniture for my spare bedroom. Have roped Dad in to help me on thursday, much to his delight :P

So Ray was a murderer and committed suicide, aren't these considered big negatives when applying to go to heaven?

...otherwise thought it was a good ending, although I prefered Life on Mars

Gene gave him a chance to redeem himself by being a good cop.

Chris got the chance to stand up to a superior (instead of being shot).

And Shaz got a chance to overcome her fear of screwdrivers.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Most definitely Ruislip!

Ruislip isn't London! I know because I lived around the corner in Uxbridge for 20 years, it's technically Middlesex, as most of it either has a Uxbridge postcode (UB) & telephone prefix (01895) or a Harrow postcode (HA).

Mind you, it IS mind numbingly dull

Today's excitment (which caused me to miss the State of Origin game) was driving forty miles to my mate's house to get his previously undiscovered septic tank emptied - for the second day in a row after the buggers didn't turn up yesterday.

Very exciting when they discovered that their pipes weren't long enough and they had to cobble together various bits of discarded drain pipe.... And then vacuum two hundred year old poo through it. What a smelly job that is.

This morning I walked into the office, the conversation was as follows:

Me "Morning"

Boss "We're going to have to make you redundant"

His face was a picture, he looked like he was going to vomit.

On the plus side, I was speaking to the bank yesterday about setting up on my own, I was going to hand my notice in on Tuesday anyway but now there'll be a litle bit of redundancy (1 months wages, better than nowt!) to tide me over.

Ha Ha!

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Me "Morning"

On the plus side, I was speaking to the bank yesterday about setting up on my own, I was going to hand my notice in on Tuesday anyway but now there'll be a litle bit of redundancy (1 months wages, better than nowt!) to tide me over.

Ha Ha!

Glad to hear it.

I resigned only for it too emerge I had a shot at redundency a fortnight later. Still, it would not have been much.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I didn't sleep at all last night.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Me "Morning"

Ha Ha!

I didn't sleep at all last night.

Connected?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Connected?

Oh yes. I've never really experienced "having a lot on my mind" if you know what I mean, I don't like it either to be honest. Going to the lakes tomorrow morning and roughing it under the stars for a night with the lads, that'll clear my head for what's coming I'm sure.

Oh yes. I've never really experienced "having a lot on my mind" if you know what I mean, I don't like it either to be honest. Going to the lakes tomorrow morning and roughing it under the stars for a night with the lads, that'll clear my head for what's coming I'm sure.

Sounds like a plan, like you say should help clear the head. If you were thinking of going it could be great timing. Good luck.

how do you discover an undiscovered septic tank?

not by putting the best foot forward, I hope :O

Turns out half his house is on mains sewage but the euphemisms empty into a septic tank. He discovered it after some vigorous flushing when it overflowed. He proceeded to empty part of it using buckets, went head first in when the level had gone down a bit, and then asked me to get the merde men in.

He has my admiration. But was not welcome to stay that night....