Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I've never put anyone on ignor, but I think I'm getting close

Where's the bang their head against a brick wall smiley?

Edited by amh

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

012ham.jpg

Its ok my prayers have been answered without any use of force ;)

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

You are Webby and I claim my
Edited by amh

Hellloooooo

I haven't been on here for ages!!

Nothing's changed...

Get onto Maggie's World Cup TRL sweepstake thread on Any Other Sports and throw your name in, doesn't matter if you're not fussed, we only need like 5 names to fill up.

Edited by hindle xiii

Its ok my prayers have been answered without any use of force ;)

Did you use that other line of persuasion that women have in their arsenal?

Speaking of, I do love the view from my office window when summer arrives.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

My wife was made redundant yesterday :( - thank you very much Mr Brown for the lovely recession.

Apparantly we're coming out of it, but it appears it's getting worse. In the last month I've been made redundant, so has my Dad, my wife's cousin, and two of my mates. All people who thought they were in secure employment working for (very) long established companies.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

It's now 38.2 C, it dropped to 21 C during the night and the maximum recorded temp in the past 24 hours was 48 C.

Today looks like it will be hotter, so we are expecting 50 C plus today. :huh:

Well, at least I'm not going to freeze to death. :happy:

Apparantly we're coming out of it, but it appears it's getting worse. In the last month I've been made redundant, so has my Dad, my wife's cousin, and two of my mates. All people who thought they were in secure employment working for (very) long established companies.

Sorry to hear that. I think a lot of people on here have been affected. The company my wife worked for has been around since 1862, things not looking good for them.

Sorry to hear that. I think a lot of people on here have been affected. The company my wife worked for has been around since 1862, things not looking good for them.

It's a strange situation just now.

Many business-to-business supply companies are being hit hard as their clients look to cut costs everywhere just in case there is a double-dip recession. About half of my work this year so far has been cost cutting consultancy with the general remit given of achieving 20%-40% cuts to certain budgets (saving 40% of a company's IT budget is nasty work usually always involving redundancies and genuine loss of service to the business), some clients accept that they need to keep their employees to help them build out of a recession, many though are so desperate that even key workers are being considered as part of the cuts. It's risky stuff and sometimes the cuts have come too late to stop the banks pulling their overdrafts.

The other half of my work is new service stuff for companies that are in rude health having made heavy cuts in the last few years and reaping the market where there are fewer competitors. Banks in particular are having a whale of a time having made huge cuts, increased prices (interest rates mainly) and a captive market with nowhere else to go as they all charge much and much alike. The first sniff of a business in trouble though and they're very happy to drive them to insolvency.

On the job front, I've kept an eye on the IT job market for years now out of interest and still keep an eye out now even though I'm self-employed. In 2002, the Jobserve daily mailshot I receive (excel file containing all new IT jobs that day) had about 6000-7000 jobs per day, in 2008 that was down to about 2000-2500, in the last few months that's gone up to about 4000-4500 (last night's was 4876 jobs) with the proportion of contract and permanent jobs sliding heavily towards the permanent jobs. To me, this means the employment market is opening up at last with companies far more willing to hire employees rather than contractors.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Speaking of, I do love the view from my office window when summer arrives.

I'd just like to quote this statement one more time and sigh a happy, contented sigh.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It's a similar experience at my desk. Why don't they work in my team?

I work in a team of 15 people, 13 of them female.

Team meetings in the summer can involve a lot of trying really hard not to stare.

But, like I say, I do also have a great window.

Team meetings in the summer can involve a lot of trying really hard not to stare.

Good team. Good team.

Nothing beats a bit of summer ######!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I live in Scandinavia.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

There are some sights though that I dont need to see but unfortunately I have the last few days.

For example if a man / lad has his top off there should be a law that he is attractive & not a "scrote" as I have had the misfortune of seeing :(

And before anyone says I know I live in St Helens & work in Warrington.....Is it any wonder I am single :unsure::O:ph34r:

Today would have been my big sister's birthday.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010