Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Don't normally react badly to wasp stings.

The 1 I got on Thursday, batted against my ear by a passing lorry, is different.

I'm posting this so you know, a lot of research has linked wasp venom with sudden heart attacks, sometimes up to a month after the sting.

With this wasp being knocked at my ear, I think instead of the usual "quick jab", I got everything it had.

I was driving at the time, in traffic, and it wasn't nice.

Major sudden pain, 10 tonner in front, Audi TT up my bumper, stream of Norbets going the opposite way, on the A40 by Eynsham roundabout heading to Cassington, where I pulled in, then Peartree.

Basically, if I suddenly stop posting, it's more evidence to the link.

My daughter knows, so that bit is covered.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Don't normally react badly to wasp stings.

The 1 I got on Thursday, batted against my ear by a passing lorry, is different.

I'm posting this so you know, a lot of research has linked wasp venom with sudden heart attacks, sometimes up to a month after the sting.

With this wasp being knocked at my ear, I think instead of the usual "quick jab", I got everything it had.

I was driving at the time, in traffic, and it wasn't nice.

Major sudden pain, 10 tonner in front, Audi TT up my bumper, stream of Norbets going the opposite way, on the A40 by Eynsham roundabout heading to Cassington, where I pulled in, then Peartree.

Basically, if I suddenly stop posting, it's more evidence to the link.

My daughter knows, so that bit is covered.

I couldn't decide what to reply with - so you can take your pick

1. You've a bad hangover and your head hurts - not just your ear

2. If you were a woman you be carrying on with the ironing/cooking/cleaning and nobody would even know you had a sting

3. You're serious - get to a walk-in centre or A+E

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I couldn't decide what to reply with - so you can take your pick

1. You've a bad hangover and your head hurts - not just your ear

2. If you were a woman you be carrying on with the ironing/cooking/cleaning and nobody would even know you had a sting

The venom triggers sudden attacks, other than the ache around my ear/jaw, there's no symptoms to show it happened.Other than the small puncture wound.

Hang over has been got rid of via "hair of dog" treatment.

Stings in the past have done little/nothing.

Maybe some of the literature at work is on my mind, a loss making sideline we do is Wasp Traps, and the MD has allsorts scattered about.

Wish he'd keep them in the bag.

Or eat them.

Anyways, I was reading that, one bored lunchtime, and the usual "swelling gone after 6 hrs" hasn't happened.

Got me thinking.

Rather morbidly, I'll admit, but I do have previous here. ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Rather morbidly, I'll admit, but I do have previous here. ;)

So you chose option 3 - would have thought if it happened Thurs and you're still here, you're safe, but don't be sorry - get it checked

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

So you chose option 3 - would have thought if it happened Thurs and you're still here, you're safe, but don't be sorry - get it checked

Ta Mags.

I work in the grounds of Stoke Mandeville Hospital, though the cardiac unit is now in Wycombe, rather inconveniently.

From what I've read the link is sudden unexpected arrest, no history, and up to 4 weeks from the sting.

Got some gear here, all well, but ....

If you don't know what boredom is, try reading "Pest Control Monthly" while eating lunch, cos there's f-all else.

Anyways, I think I'll be ok, but I thought I'd flag it up.

Possibly more than trivial, but not really worth a thread.

Ta Mags.

I work in the grounds of Stoke Mandeville Hospital, though the cardiac unit is now in Wycombe, rather inconveniently.

From what I've read the link is sudden unexpected arrest, no history, and up to 4 weeks from the sting.

Got some gear here, all well, but ....

If you don't know what boredom is, try reading "Pest Control Monthly" while eating lunch, cos there's f-all else.

Anyways, I think I'll be ok, but I thought I'd flag it up.

Possibly more than trivial, but not really worth a thread.

I was stung on the end of the nose and the top lip by a wasp in the garden yesterday. Little barsteward. Today I've got a swollen nose and a top lip that looks about 3 times its normal size. I'm hoping they let me through passport control tomorrow.

Got my own back this afternoon buy covering up the entrance to their little lair I found at the top of the garden. B)

Mrs HPR can't stop laughing at the sight of me.

I was stung on the end of the nose and the top lip by a wasp in the garden yesterday. Little barsteward. Today I've got a swollen nose and a top lip that looks about 3 times its normal size. I'm hoping they let me through passport control tomorrow.

Got my own back this afternoon buy covering up the entrance to their little lair I found at the top of the garden. B)

Mrs HPR can't stop laughing at the sight of me.

Set a small, smokey fire over it now it's dark.

Job done.... B)

I have infected right-sided Tonsilitis. The Dr says its strange for only 1 to be affected. trust me I am even wierd ill :(

I am blasting it with Antibiotics (high dose), Paracetamol, Aspirin & a blackcurrant hot toddie the GP told me about that is Creme de Cassis, vimto & hot water. We are supposed to be having a girls night out sat so hoping to be fit as not been out as a group since June :(

Fingers crossed :mellow:

Quadrophenia then sleep

Biggest misnomer: Any television programme that has 'Celebrity' in the title.

Any celebrity show in which the 'invention test' isn't the preparing and eating of a harridan only famous for marrying a disgraced politician is a poor celebrity show.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Radio 6 is really, really good. I've found my new favourite station.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season