Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Today, I made my second ride on a boris bike.

How's the Boris bike experience working out?

(I realise this is probably conduct contrary to the spirit of the thread, but I am actually interested.)

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

How's the Boris bike experience working out?

(I realise this is probably conduct contrary to the spirit of the thread, but I am actually interested.)

I think it's going well - I've got no complaints about it. There have been a few issues with stations not locking/docking properly but so far the wholesale vandalism/theft/rivers of blood haven't happened and the bikes do seem to be in regular use.

The only problems I'm aware of have been software related: rogue journeys showing up on people's accounts; docking stations not processing requests; the TfL map not being accurate on whether there are bikes/stations available.

I am however a complete newbie with regards to any form of serious cycling so I'm not the best person to ask about whether the bikes themselves are any good. They seem fine, though heavy, to me.

I'm wary of these bicycle schemes. It's all part of a UN conspiracy to take over the world!

Its a conspiracy I tells yer

Awesome! :D

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think it's going well - I've got no complaints about it. There have been a few issues with stations not locking/docking properly but so far the wholesale vandalism/theft/rivers of blood haven't happened and the bikes do seem to be in regular use.

The only problems I'm aware of have been software related: rogue journeys showing up on people's accounts; docking stations not processing requests; the TfL map not being accurate on whether there are bikes/stations available.

I am however a complete newbie with regards to any form of serious cycling so I'm not the best person to ask about whether the bikes themselves are any good. They seem fine, though heavy, to me.

Ta for that, pleased to hear that it seems to be going well. I would imagine the bikes would have to be fairly robustly built out of necessity, so you'd expect them to be on the hefty side.

Awesome! :D

Being part of a global conspiracy must make it even more satisfying. :)

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I saw his tomb last week.

(Oscar Wilde's not Millman's)

Elsewhere in that boneyard there is a tomb with a beautiful eulogy by a chap to his wife. It reads very simply "Elle provoquait la joie".

Elsewhere in that boneyard there is a tomb with a beautiful eulogy by a chap to his wife. It reads very simply "Elle provoquait la joie".

Finding the tomb of the 'Famille Adam' made me smile.

The scale of that place is astonishing. We were there for a couple of hours and we probably only covered a fraction of it.

Being part of a global conspiracy must make it even more satisfying. :)

It is indeed!

If you want a bit more detail about it - there are loads of anecdotes both good and bad here and a bunch of responses here as well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3. You're serious - get to a walk-in centre or A+E

Blue lights to JR in Oxford Weds, 3 am.

Obviously back and ok, ish.

Spasm, which felt like attack, coupled with no paramedics, so ecg wasn't read correctly, so had angiogram on arrival.

Bit weird all of this, but still.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Spasm, which felt like attack, coupled with no paramedics, so ecg wasn't read correctly, so had angiogram on arrival.

Bill... one day you'll listen to advice and do as the nice people from TRL tell you! :D

Seriously... look after yourself... :mellow:

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

whyioughta :dry:

take care x

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I've just sent 60 unsolicited emails to British owned B&B's round here.

Spamtastic!

wanna look at mi sausage

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion