Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I love my new bike.

What have you got. My cyclescheme lease is up soon and I think I'll take out another one. I was thinking of a Boardman Road Bike Team/Comp or a Trek 1.5.

Today I'm making two batches of ice cream, strawberry and mocha. :D

Fides invicta triumphat

What have you got. My cyclescheme lease is up soon and I think I'll take out another one. I was thinking of a Boardman Road Bike Team/Comp or a Trek 1.5.

Those Boardman road bikes are great value. I came very close to buying a Trek, but in the end I treated myself to one of these titanium beauties:

Enigma Esprit

It rides like a dream.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Those Boardman road bikes are great value. I came very close to buying a Trek, but in the end I treated myself to one of these titanium beauties:

Enigma Esprit

It rides like a dream.

Nice. TBH the only thing that is turning me off of a Boardman is Halfords.

Fides invicta triumphat

Thanks for sentiments, folks.

Don't worry, I'm going to start really making changes to my lifestyle.

I HAVE been smoking too much (really am going to quit using Champix), I HAVE been drinking far too much, so a minimum of 50% reduction, and what I have is weekend only, no getting ratted, so that'd be nearer 70% drop.

I owe it to my daughter as well as you mob to try to keep it going, not forgetting the budgies and rabbits.

Got a right earful from "her?" about not alerting her.

Erm, she got the strop when I refused to move back, due to- supporting walls removed by her son (I mean, FFS), no remedial work done, might face repo (ok, she couldn't afford it alone, why send me away?) and not enough bedrooms.

So we're barely on e-mail terms now.

I get one from her "when she's bored".

There's reasons I'm depressed and my lifestyle has suffered, but I think I'll come through again.

Above pledges to be followed through.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I'll reply publicly, Craig.

I need to see my gp to get on Champix, I expect a long appointment.

I've had a lot gone on I try to hide, cope with, and it is time I said it's too much at my age.

Coping with beer and fags isn't the answer.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Anyway, enough.

Just had a chat with my new-ish neighbours.

I'd seen an Italy shirt out drying, so football seemed a decent opening gambit.

Erm, Slovakian, and barely speak English, that was feckin hard work.

Never did find out why they had an Italy shirt.

Nice. TBH the only thing that is turning me off of a Boardman is Halfords.

My mates got one - it's pants - SRAM ffs. Get yourself a spanish or italian frame with 105 and put your money in the wheels.

My mates got one - it's pants - SRAM ffs. Get yourself a spanish or italian frame with 105 and put your money in the wheels.

My old bike came with the Shimano 105 groupset. The hubs are hopeless. Apart from that it's half decent.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

That's the route my mate has took. Thought he'd save a load but got a bit carried away. Colnago frame and groupset,

Fides invicta triumphat

Anyway, back on topic ;)

My Catalans neighbours have arrived for their week's holiday in the mountains. Their dog barked all last night. I would have a word, but Mrs Catalans is absolutely terrifying.

Not sure whether it is is on topic or not...

The old mayor of the village here in France died last week. A fine old fella who, during the second world war eschewed the local maquis who he considered not proactive enough, packed his bag and went and fought in the resistance in the black mountains about 50 kms away.

He has left a physically and mentally handicapped son, Daniel who is now in his fifties, who has immediately been taken in by another village family who will look after him in his home environment.

Life affirming stuff.

(and please, not a better over here comment as I know of many similar examples back in Blighty)

I'm currently in a long losing battle trying to make pizza dough.

Hmm, a cheese-free pizza. The things I do for me.

The base was a disaster, very dense but with my magic worked and various stuff thrown on top of it, the end result was pretty damn good.

Roll on the next attempt.

It'll definitely take some poo-ing though. :blink: