Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I've got a one-hour meeting tomorrow in Leeds. The potential client insisted on a face-to-face meeting. Ah well, a four hour drive each way is exactly what I need on a Monday.

Just back from my little trip to Leeds. First time there during a working day for years. Parking there is more expensive per hour than the centre of London! Standard meters wanted

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Another one I just remembered from my trip up to Leeds today. About 5 miles before the M62 junction on the A1 there's one of those adverts on a container thingies that says "Prepare to meet thy God". About 200 yards past there two cars were on the hard shoulder area having had a fairly decent bang. For some reason, that tickled me, even though the serious part of my brain said that someone may genuinely have been injured...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I'm contemplating asking my wife if she wants another child just to have another "Naming Ceremonies" thread

Don't be so vulgar.... :D

Is there not a non-religious equivalent of First Holy Communion you could organise as a bit of a knees up? First non-holy kebab or something along those line maybe

I was having a very nice conversation yesterday afternoon, when a mortar shell landed approx 50-60 yards away from me. It was very loud. :blink:

I've decided, I like sandbags now. There was a wall of them around a nearby bunker, which sat directly between me and it, which stopped the shrapnel. :)

We immediately did a runner for a bunker ourselves. Did wash a lot of afghan soil out of my hair last night though. :blink:

A few more came in later. It happens quite a lot here. Taliban Bastards ! :angry:

Edited by Haloman

You can always tell when Tony and his lovely wife Cherie are at home on Connaught Square because of the three machine gun toting policemen standing outside.

Hopefully, the policemen can stop them escaping.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I was having a very nice conversation yesterday afternoon, when a mortar shell landed approx 50-60 yards away from me. It was very loud. :blink:

I've decided, I like sandbags now. There was a wall of them around a nearby bunker, which sat directly between me and it, which stopped the shrapnel. :)

We immediately did a runner for a bunker ourselves. Did wash a lot of afghan soil out of my hair last night though. :blink:

A few more came in later. It happens quite a lot here. Taliban Bastards ! :angry:

The UK is going to seem very dull when you come home.

:O

You can't post that here, it is neither Uninteresting nor Trivial. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

:O

You can't post that here, it is neither Uninteresting nor Trivial. :rolleyes:

Bloody TotalRL.com Taliban Bastards !!! :P

I was wrong. It turns out that they are using 120mm rockets and not 80mm mortar shells, according to the US troops I've been talking to.

Just to make sure, those Bastards sent another 3 in yesterday afternoon. :angry:

Got to join a convoy tomorrow for the next step of the trip. :wacko:

I've just lost my passenger side wing mirror on the road through the Maquis de Picaussel.

The French chap lost his driver's side wing mirror.

We both gave a fantastic exhibition of Gallic shoulder shrugging, shook hands and went on our way cursing each other under our breath.

My Macbook no longer works. Apparently Apple laptops die if you accidentally spill half a glass of whisky on them so that it goes into the vents.

I wonder if my home insurance's accidental damage policy includes whisky spills on equipment...

:dry:

My Macbook no longer works. Apparently Apple laptops die if you accidentally spill half a glass of whisky on them so that it goes into the vents.

I wonder if my home insurance's accidental damage policy includes whisky spills on equipment...

:dry:

My home insurance covers Teenage sons coming back from the pub after too many Ciders and being sick on their laptop. We told the Insurers he'd spilt soup on it. Thick lumpy soup. Soup with Carrots in. :D

My home insurance covers Teenage sons coming back from the pub after too many Ciders and being sick on their laptop. We told the Insurers he'd spilt soup on it. Thick lumpy soup. Soup with Carrots in. :D

The kids of today are a disgrace, behaving in such a manner.

In my day, teenage children would have drunk so much that they wouldn't be able to focus well enough to see the laptop screen properly. Especially if they'd had a staggering-into-a-lamppost incident on the way home.

Next time, make sure he's properly drunk when he comes in. If not, send him back out again.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Zurich's policy does not cover laptops, even though I have full accidental damage cover. I suppose it serves me right for not reading the 50+page insurance booklet line by line. :dry:

I wondering what he was looking for on the computer that time of night.... :D

I wondering what he was looking for on the computer that time of night.... :D

Off back to England in the morning with my next door neighbour here in the deep south. It will be the third time in the UK for him following two previous visits (a rugby tour when he was a lad, and a coach trip to Wembley a couple of years ago). First time in an aeroplane for him.

He is absolutely bricking it. A combination of the flight (about which I have a great deal of sympathy) and English food (about which I have less). He goes on and on about his Wembley experience when according to him he was served an eclair with a sausage in it. I had to explain the concept of the sausage roll.

Looking forward to taking him for a ruby over the weekend!