Uninteresting Trivial Facts

My replacement is booked on the first of his internal flights to reach me, on Thursday morning. I'm hoping I'll be able to start making my westwards by the weekend, or at worst, immediately after it. :lol:

"I'm coming home, I've done my time........................" :D

Edited by Haloman

My replacement is booked on the first of his internal flights to reach me, on Thursday morning. I'm hoping I'll be able to start making my westwards by the weekend, or at worst, immediately after it. :lol:

"I'm coming home, I've done my time........................" :D

Blighty is going to seem so dull without the daily mortar attacks.

Whilst I was out exercising on the runway, the Afghan National Army moved in en-masse and took it over within a matter of minutes, completely unopposed. :mellow:

I think I can count myself lucky that I managed to get away before they'd organised themselves properly, otherwise I may have found myself batting on a bit of a sticky wickett with an attacking field. :(

I think they were also hoping I'd agree to field on the boundary. :happy:

Edited by Haloman

Some "firsts" today.

I have:

1. made bacon from scratch, trimming the pork loin, salting and flavouring, then wrapping for the next couple of weeks
  2. swept a chimney which proved to be very messy, and discovered that the installers had not properly connected the flue to the chimney. Lucky I ain't dead.
  3. Designed, translated and printed some sausage labels
  4. Watched my two French builders do a full day's work - well half nine this morning until six tonight with just the two hours off for lunch!

[*]Watched my two French builders do a full day's work - well half nine this morning until six tonight with just the two hours off for lunch!

Like most builders. Get to work at 7, 2 hour breakfast. Hours graft, hour teabreak. Lunch and then clock off at 3 (this coming from an English builder at our place).

Fides invicta triumphat

Ginger biscuits are my favourites!

Edited by Steve May

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

I also like* ginger biscuits. :)

* In a non homosexual way. :huh:

This post has caused me to think of homosexual ways to like ginger biscuits.

You are a bad man and have put me off my lunch.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

My wife finished the milk last night and didn't mention it. Black tea in the morning is not right. :dry:

Once you've had black, you'll never go back.

That's the subtle message your wife is giving you there.

This post has caused me to think of homosexual ways to like ginger biscuits.

You are a bad man and have put me off my lunch.

My work here is done. :happy:

I'm invoking Vogon thinking regarding lunch. If I can't enjoy mine because of the anti-mararial prophylaxis Doxycycline, why should anyone else. :angry:

Edited by Haloman

Once you've had black, you'll never go back.

That's the subtle message your wife is giving you there.

No, not really, she says she thought I wouldn't mind going out for more when I woke up. How little she knows me... after 11 years of marriage she still can't get that I'm not civilised in a morning until I've had my cup of tea and breakfast. :dry:

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

No, not really, she says she thought I wouldn't mind going out for more when I woke up. How little she knows me... after 11 years of marriage she still can't get that I'm not civilised in a morning until I've had my cup of tea and breakfast. :dry:

nah, she simply doesn't care what your morning mood is!

foxes or poor people?