Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I have pink spotty wellies.

(hello, btw, just popping in to have a look round - haven't been round these parts for aaaaaaaages)

Are they Nike or Reebok?

Are you sticking around?

On Wednesday I took part in a road convoy through Jalalabad. One of the soldiers on the convoy with me got shot in the head by a sniper. :sad:

Luckily, his helmet took the force of the round and he wasn't seriously injured. :)

However, just up the road a suicide bomber killed 12 civilians. :sad:

Yesterday, 45 labourers working on a road building project between Gardez and Khost, for my other PRT, were murdered by the Taliban in Paktiya Province. :angry:

Today I'm doing my laundry. :smile:

Tomorrow, I'm on another road convoy. :mellow:

On Tuesday, I'm hoping to be on my way home. :D

Sure as hell beats signing on in St Helens for 65 quid a week. :smile:

Edited by Haloman

I have pink spotty wellies.

(hello, btw, just popping in to have a look round - haven't been round these parts for aaaaaaaages)

Helen! please stay

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Probably safer too.

The place was full of people who couldn't keep still. If you joined a queue in there, you felt like you were doing the Conga. :biggrin:

I believe it's called "doing the Cokey Hokey" :mellow:

I don't have to go on a convoy tomorrow. I'll be taking a helicopter instead. :smile:

I like helicopters.

Try and get a window seat.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I like helicopters.

And don't ask the pilot to turn the fan off :rolleyes:

I've been on a helicopter 3 times, once with the Royal London Hospitals HEMS* service, just after it started, we took off, heading to Romford, got halfway there when the Ground Ambulance called in to say the victim was DOA, so we went back, very scary landing back at Whitechapel, and I have been on a round trip to the Scily Islands from Penzance a couple of years ago.

*Helicopter Emergency Medical Service

Edited by Bleep1673

I like helicopters.

Me too, taking off into a 45 knot headwind meant we went up like we were in a lift. Sea-King there, Huey on the way back. :smile:

Me too, taking off into a 45 knot headwind meant we went up like we were in a lift. Sea-King there, Huey on the way back. :smile:

I've flown in a Puma at low level with the door open. Makes you thankful that you are straped in.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I've flown in a Puma at low level with the door open. Makes you thankful that you are straped in.

In January, I stuck my thumb out and got picked up by a Black Hawk which was refuelling and going my way. I thought we'd be going straight to Salerno, but no, we did a 90 minute low level patrol through the Hindu Kush first, with me sitting between the two gunners, one either side of me. Most of the peaks and ridges, we cleared by tens of feet, only to dive down the other side. It was pretty enjoyable flying and I got to see a lot of remote areas. :smile:

I've been working all night on rebuilding a selection of switches and routers, which all managed to lose their config files, so they'd defaulted to factory defaults. :sad:

I think someone's been playing silly buggers. Config files don't get wiped from flash memory drives by power spikes. :angry:

4:35 am and I'm still at work where I got in at 8:00 yesterday morning and I'll not be going home until late afternoon at best. That's on the back of two weeks of 16+ hour days.

A mixture of delivering my own challenging projects on a non-moveable deadline and also taking on someone else's who couldn't take the pressure.

I will earn my on-time delivery bonus and keep my reputation of delivering the tough projects. Then I'll sleep for the best part of a week!

All I need to do now is navigate the sniping of those on the sidelines who get cold sweats at the thought of working a few minutes outside of 9-5 office hours.

The best bit of this project was tonight when we had a major issue appear and we had people in UK, Australia, Africa and Canada all on that one issue just fixing it. They worked damn hard to help each other even though their work was done and they could have gone home guilt free. And they're not even the same company until 9am today. Organising the post-project party will be difficult for this project!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The wife watched a bit of that Popstar to Operastar tonight (recorded from yesterday) and I got fairly hooked once I realised that it had Katherine Jenkins, Vanessa Mae and Myleene Klass. All three high quality bits of totty :)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"