Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Or a roasted red pepper hummus.

Yeah I like lots of those things about London - but there a quite a few I don't like in there too...

I will still have to come back to London on occassion with work so I won't lose touch completely - I think smaller doses of it suits me better.

My GPs' surgery has had lots of praise from me over the years but they're seriously annoying me now. 3 of the 4 partners have left in the last six months and have been replaced by other doctors who seem to have the bedside manner of a rabid pit bull terrier.

A simple telephone conversation to discuss a repeat prescription for migraine tables that I've had since the 1990s had this new doctor, with an accent that is barely understandable, telling me that he doesn't think I should be receiving them and the PCT wants to cut costs so he's not going to reauthorise the prescription. When I told him that the hospital consultant had just reapproved them for me and adjusted the dosage only a few months ago and that it wasn't really his place to change that prescription without even getting me in to examine me he got aggressive and told me that I should be grateful other doctors have been so soft over the years. That wasn't what annoyed me the most though, it was his patronising and condescending attitude, he was telling me that migraines are only bad headaches and a good lie-down and an aspirin would help. :O

So... now, I've got to take time off work, get an appointment with the sole remaining competent GP in the surgery and then get him to undo the damage on my records of having an idiot doctor unilaterally removing my medication.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

My GPs' surgery has had lots of praise from me over the years but they're seriously annoying me now. 3 of the 4 partners have left in the last six months and have been replaced by other doctors who seem to have the bedside manner of a rabid pit bull terrier.

A simple telephone conversation to discuss a repeat prescription for migraine tables that I've had since the 1990s had this new doctor, with an accent that is barely understandable, telling me that he doesn't think I should be receiving them and the PCT wants to cut costs so he's not going to reauthorise the prescription. When I told him that the hospital consultant had just reapproved them for me and adjusted the dosage only a few months ago and that it wasn't really his place to change that prescription without even getting me in to examine me he got aggressive and told me that I should be grateful other doctors have been so soft over the years. That wasn't what annoyed me the most though, it was his patronising and condescending attitude, he was telling me that migraines are only bad headaches and a good lie-down and an aspirin would help. :O

So... now, I've got to take time off work, get an appointment with the sole remaining competent GP in the surgery and then get him to undo the damage on my records of having an idiot doctor unilaterally removing my medication.

You sound so butch when you're angry.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

You sound so butch when you're angry.

Angry?! Angry?! I was so infuriated I could easily have kicked off a migraine but I now have to hoard the few tablets I have left so I've just made myself a lovely cup of chai. :P

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Angry?! Angry?! I was so infuriated I could easily have kicked off a migraine but I now have to hoard the few tablets I have left so I've just made myself a lovely cup of chai. :P

Go and have a lie down and an aspirin. It's all you really need you drama queen :tongue:

BSc

I was going to post earlier "dirty old man hanging around in student union bars pretending to be doing a degree" but thought better of it. Should have posted it...

Have fun :P

20 years ago today I was in labour and on my way to Billinge

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

20 years ago today I was in labour and on my way to Billinge

Happy birthday little amh. My youngest is 20 next year. What freaks me out is when one of my mates says "My baby will be 42 on friday" :ohmy:

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

Happy birthday little amh. My youngest is 20 next year. What freaks me out is when one of my mates says "My baby will be 42 on friday" :ohmy:

thank you, Rachel is my youngest too - what freaks me out is me being 50 in November :unsure::wacko::ph34r:

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Crikey. You look very good for your age.

First day of the teaching year tomorrow. Got that nice excited feeling.

thank you (on a galloping horse) Rachel starts at Huddersfield Uni Tuesday - she get a day off on her schedule Mondays, which is nice as she works all weekend, so at least she gets one day off each week - that reminds me, I must do a housework chores list for her :biggrin:

Last three working days I've woken up far too early.

Last Thursday, I was up at 3:30, convinced I was late and that I was missing something important

Friday, I was up at 5:00, convinced my alarm hadn't gone off and I'd missed my train

Today, I was up at 4:45, convinced my alarm hadn't gone off and it was hours later.

I usually get up at 5:45 and it's doing my head in waking up that early and disturbing my already limited sleep.

i have lots of reading to do. this uni lark isn't all beer and skittles.

Not going for a drinker's degree then? Otherwise known as a Tutu...