Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Edit button is still there... sure you haven't gone blind through looking at 18 year old girls in the lovely bright sunshine?

Oh, and on the 18 year old girls. Sweet Jesus, don't know where to look sometimes. It's the usual freshers fashion parade with added cleavage.

Fides invicta triumphat

The local college girls here seem to have rushed to have one last flourish in their hot pants while the sun shines. This is not good for my driving, I am not sure how I would explain that on the insurance claim....

Did you skip merrily through the park on your way into work then or march through looking all manly?

I strolled with a coffee and a croissant, and an attentive gaze.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I thought my current commute was a bit of a pain (Ipswich to west London, 15m bus into town, 1h15m train from Ipswich to Liverpool Street Station, 30m tube to Shepherd's Bush then walk) but I found out that one of the guys I talk with most days has a far worse commute:

15min bus, 1h15m train, 10m tube, 40m connecting train then 20m walk. He commutes from Ipswich countryside to 5 miles outside of Heathrow. And he's done that for 10 years now.I've been doing my current commute for two months now and I'm already seriously fed up.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've been doing my current commute for two months now and I'm already seriously fed up.

You need a commute like mine.

Plus, possibly, some headphones, a book and a sunnier disposition.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

You need a commute like mine.

Plus, possibly, some headphones, a book and a sunnier disposition.

Last two days have been fantastic viewing from the train. Thick fog in banks being separated by the train's turbulence. One bit has been timed quite well. Just coming into Manningtree train station as dawn is breaking, sun shining over the breaking fog over the River Orwell. If I could get there with a decent camera at that time then it would make an excellent shot but I'm not doing it with the dross camera on my phone from a moving train through filthy train glass.

As an aside, that Manningtree Station approach has another fantastic photo-shot that I'll do one day, I'll need to get permission from the railtrack lot to get near the tracks to do it though. There are some very derelict old industrial buildings that have been partially reclaimed by the land (looks like something out of Fallout 3, if you know the game), the view from the tracks would get them in, the River Orwell in the background and a good visibility day showing the new Felixstowe dock cranes in the distance, a shot with the sun rising out of the docks with the derelicts in shade would be perfect, I think. For me, it just looks very thought inspiring.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I have to work on brownfield projects all over the north of England, so getting up at stupid o'clock and driving six days a week is the only option. Then I generally get home after 6pm, make my tea and prepare stuff for the next day.

However, this week, I am office-bound whilst writing up completion reports and assessment reports. This is my daily commute:

Bed ... get up at 6.00am

Bathroom ... shave and shower

Shop, 500 yds walk ... buy the Times and return

Kitchen ... make tea and beakfast

Front Room ... eat breakfast, do Times crossword and sudoku, watch Daybreak TV

Conservatory ... my office, start at 8.00, work till 6pm; frequent breaks for tea, coffee, pop, crisps, biscuits, chocolate, sandwich, haircut, supermarket, cut the grass, fail to fix son's leaking toilet etc.

God, it's hell I tell you.

:cool:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

what to do first

Lemon Sponge

Apple Crumble

Decking

Decking Lights

suggestions on a postcard.............

Crumble. Followed by sponge. Then a bit more crumble.

Pay someone to do the decking...

Has anyone else noticed that the posting tone becomes substantially more jovial on this forum when the sun is out?

Feck off.