Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I had some beers last night with a certain ginger fellow who hangs around these forums.

I vaguely remember a middle-aged man trying to impress a barmaid with a Scottish pound note.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I vaguely remember a middle-aged man trying to impress a barmaid with a Scottish pound note.

She was very impressed if I remember!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Get a room.

We did. A nice bar-room serving reasonable drinks at a reasonable price.

That's just jealousy because no-one invited you ;)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

We did. A nice bar-room serving reasonable drinks at a reasonable price.

That's just jealousy because no-one invited you ;)

What? In London?

That said I'd did discover The Euston Tap last week. 27 craft beers on tap all less than £3.50 (i know, but reasonable for central London) plus getting on for 100 bottled beers from round the world.

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

What? In London?

Yes.

The Cock (I go for the name) - a Sam Smith's on Great Portland Street.

Next time you're in town.

But we're not inviting Sevvy.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yes.

The Cock (I go for the name) - a Sam Smith's on Great Portland Street.

Next time you're in town.

But we're not inviting Sevvy.

Great Portland St? Not a million miles from where I work or stay when down there (our head office is by Warren St tube).

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

So, basically, you work for Spearmint Rhino.

Unfortunately not. But I'm available should they offer. They must need some form of quality control :P

Bit squiffy after a few glasses of whisky. It quelled.the anger at the enforced watching of x factor and strictly come dancing

A few Glasses? I would need a few bottles to render me so close to death that I couldn't reach the remote, to watch that muck.

Left home for work at 6:15. Got home again at 8:30. Train lines down on the route to London so gave up and came home when the announcer said the minimum delay was 60 minutes and likely to be significantly longer.

Conductor thought that it was probably wire thieves at it again.

I'm very glad I gave up the fight to get to London today. Still monster delays and the last update is that they're likely to extend into the late afternoon/evening.

Sitting at home babysitting my delightful 1075 day old daughter, as usual on a Tuesday, next month I start looking after her on a Thursday.

We can only afford nursery 3 days a week, so I do Tuesdays, Mum does Thursdays, November we swap over.

The Great British Bake Off is a wonderful programme.

But after two series I still giggle at 'master baker'.

:blush:

I've just seen Janet in the doctors surgery.