Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Think my son's destined for great things,watching Bear Grylls last night he announced he'd already 'tested' his own wee and it was ok to drink!

I've underlined the most concerning part...! He did this before watching Bear Grylls? I'll admit I missed the instruction at the beginning of the programme.

Also, did he say who he'd tested it on? :mellow:

I've underlined the most concerning part...! He did this before watching Bear Grylls? I'll admit I missed the instruction at the beginning of the programme.

Also, did he say who he'd tested it on? :mellow:

He's been watching Bear Grylls for a while and he tested it on himself.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

He's been watching Bear Grylls for a while and he tested it on himself.

Is your lad in the scouts? That could be a good way to involve him.

I must admit in the last few weeks I have taken more of an interest in Born Survivor and Grylls' back story, I'll read his new autobiography sometime soon too I reckon.

Is your lad in the scouts? That could be a good way to involve him.

I must admit in the last few weeks I have taken more of an interest in Born Survivor and Grylls' back story, I'll read his new autobiography sometime soon too I reckon.

He's not in the scouts. His best friends father is an ex Royal Marine survival instructor we all have regular weekend camping trips!

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Some bright spark in IT (an oxymoron if ever there was) at our place has remapped all of the staff on Macs home folders so that none of us has access to our files, email, apps etc. :angry:

IT staff, know your limits.

Fides invicta triumphat

Some bright spark in IT (an oxymoron if ever there was) at our place has remapped all of the staff on Macs home folders so that none of us has access to our files, email, apps etc. :angry:

IT staff, know your limits.

Our IT installed a wireless system about 18months ago, and now they are banning people from using their personal devices on the system. Isn't that what it was installed for? Or are the NHS planning on giving out laptops to everyone?

I get to the top of the stairs and it's 50-50 whether I remember what I'm there for, but I discovered today I know at least 70% of the theme tune to 80 Days around the World with Willy Fogg. The brain is a wonderful mystery.

Delia Smith was sitting opposite me on the train this morning.

Yeah, I saw a tweet from her saying she was sitting opposite a strange man waving a Scottish one pound note in her face.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yeah, I saw a tweet from her saying she was sitting opposite a strange man waving a Scottish one pound note in her face.

:O Are you suggesting I was talking in the first class carriage before 8am?! Uncouth individual... That's an offence punishable by loud harrumphing as a first offence.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I didn't say you were talking.

I said you were waving a Scottish one pound note in her face, an accusation that I see you have not denied.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I didn't say you were talking.

I said you were waving a Scottish one pound note in her face, an accusation that I see you have not denied.

No, I left her alone. Those Norfolk people can be a wee bit funny. Combine that with being a celebrity chef and a football fan and I decided that I'd be content ignoring her by reading my book. Far safer, especially as I was wearing an expensive suit that day.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"