Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Worked a night shift last night, and all I had to do was attend a "Cardiac Arrest", that turned out to be a hypo-glycaemic attack, and Resus for a bloke who got pushed through a pub window (With no witness's!), and did nothing because he didn't need anything doing to him apart from stapling his head lacerations up (Done by A&E SHO).

Today (Mon) I am on a strange shift, 1300-1800, which is fine because i) it gives me a lie-in and ii) I can watch Penrith v St George Illawarra on Premier Sports, after 60 it's 12-0

Edited by Bleep1673

• 2 weeks later...

Some kind gentlemen bought me many glasses of Laphroaig from lunchtime onwards :)

Also, I may have actually posted something on Facebook... I don't think this social networking caper is really suited for miserable northern folk...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Some kind gentlemen bought me many glasses of Laphroaig from lunchtime onwards :)

I almost bought a bottle of that yesterday evening, but plumped for the Sainsbury Own Brand Islay single malt. At just 20 quid, it's a Caol Ila under a flag of convenience and very nice.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I arrived at the library today only to discover that I forgot to bring a pen. Grrr.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from 14 nights on holiday in Malaysia. I now have a new favourite holiday destination! Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang in Penang

The premier side of the resort (Rasa Wing) is proper old-style 5* service with exemplary staff

The inclusive bits of the Rasa Wing include high-tea (3-4pm) and free cocktails (6-7pm) where they certainly don't skimp on the quantity or quality like most other places with their "inclusive" content. A key benefit for us was the separate pool in this section that was strictly no children or loud behaviour meaning it was a perfectly peaceful place to sit with a drink and a book.

Pricey but it was certainly worth every penny.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 years ago we stayed at the Royal Decameron in Jamaica, Fully Inclusive resort, with 3 pools, one of them Child Free, and it was bliss, as the Yank kids were too loud.

Proper inclusive drinks (Local of course) which included "Overproof" rum (80%). 3 big meals per day, watersports, and a complimentary bus to Ocho Rios

Very Nice, except for the name D. Cameron!

"Overproof" rum (80%)

I've regretted that stuff at leisure on more than one occasion.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I got told off today for saving my client £60,000 and lots of extra goodies thrown in free. Finance guy got really upset because I signed a purchase order in June rather than July. Supplier account manager offered a straight £60k discount if we paid early as today was the end of their financial year.

He just didn't understand my point that for the sake of two weeks early I significantly improved the position of the company while securing the same discount for the next two years of purchasing.

This is the same guy who demanded I submit a full change request (20+ page report) when my cash-flow forecast showed that my £5m budget had changed by £1000 due to currency fluctuations.

I think I'll buy him a can of beans and a toothpick, he can amuse himself for hours counting them.

My current musing; on a car, what happens if you indicate with hazard lights on?

This is CERN's next experiment

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I got told off today for saving my client £60,000 and lots of extra goodies thrown in free. Finance guy got really upset because I signed a purchase order in June rather than July. Supplier account manager offered a straight £60k discount if we paid early as today was the end of their financial year.

He just didn't understand my point that for the sake of two weeks early I significantly improved the position of the company while securing the same discount for the next two years of purchasing.

This is the same guy who demanded I submit a full change request (20+ page report) when my cash-flow forecast showed that my £5m budget had changed by £1000 due to currency fluctuations.

I think I'll buy him a can of beans and a toothpick, he can amuse himself for hours counting them.

Our credit control team are known in our office as the 'Sales Prevention Team'. They wated to refuse credit to Skipton Buildig Society for a job worth about £30k because they didnt give us 2 trade references

Last week I did what I think is the biggest journey between professional European rugby league towns. Wednesday afternoon I had a meeting in Workington (hadn't been back for years) and by Saturday I was in Perpignan for the Dragons v Hull game. Just outside Penrith I saw the Stobart lorry with Greg Mounis on the side.