Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I have to go food shopping today as the wife's not feeling well and we're running on empty in the fridge.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I have to go food shopping today as the wife's not feeling well and we're running on empty in the fridge.

Dominos on speed dial.  Solves everything.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Dominos on speed dial.  Solves everything.

They don't do milk or cat food though.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

They don't do milk or cat food though.

The cat can eat the leftovers.  Milk is over-rated.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Thanks for the thoughful comments.  I think I'll just get the proper stuff though or I'll risk a shouting-at from the wife...

Oh jeez, and you were worried about a shouting at from the wife?! What about the board?!

Where's one shot? He'll love that an ex-army drinks soya milk! :P

I have quite severe lactose intolerance.

I went for a Starbucks coffee with my dad a few years ago, he ordered a black coffee, I ordered a chai tea latte with soya milk.  Now, my dad is very much of the northern miner mentality and the look he gave me was quite clearly challenging my sexuality!  I think I may have worked in London for too long...

Edit: Starbucks coffee tastes like reheated watery cigarette ash to me.  I'd rather drink dishwater.

One for the computer geeks; next month sees the birthday of the man who sang 'Dancing on the Ceiling'. Lionel Richie, Commodore, 64! :P

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well... that was a disaster of a shopping trip.

Phase 1:  Waitrose.  I had to go there to get 5 things that can only be bought there.  Not one in stock, waste of a trip.  Rude old women blocking the aisle leading to the fridges, they were all hanging around where the reduced items shelves are waiting for new items to go there at 3pm.  I did ask nicely to be let past for one to reply "we're waiting, so can you".  She wasn't best pleased when I barged past her after asking nicely a second time and being ignored.

Phase 2:  Sainsburys.  Absolutely packed full of people seemingly panic buying, apparently there's a bank holiday coming when the shops aren't going to be shut.  Shamefully ignorant people including one woman blocking the checkout aisle with her trolley and refusing to move it so I could get down.  The woman in front was even more rude to the poor girl on the checkout, it was her second day on the job and she wasn't that fast but that was no excuse for the woman to call her incompetent and telling her to go find a less challenging job if she can't even operate a checkout till.  The poor girl was shaking when she was serving me as she was obviously upset with her treatment.

Phase 3:  Tesco.  I had to go there to get a prescription I'd put in last week.  Another old woman pushed in the queue ahead of me then got quite stroppy when I told her that the queue was behind me.  "I don't have time to wait in the queue, I've better things to do".  The pharmacy assistant handled it perfectly by ignoring her when she tried to get served in front of the rest of us.

Thank $deity that that's over and I can settle down for the weekend!

Craig, Lee's ok on the shopping front, but avoids ironing, washing etc...I've had a ? funny turn Weds at work, A&E stroke unit, CT ok, waiting for MRI - so now I'm home because I've no major symptoms right now, and hopefully won't have, but this weekend he's going to master the washing machine and ironing his shirts. 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion