Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Jesus H Arkwright..... not only do I have to declare a fully funded case I have to provide evidence at every level to justify every penny spent on filly funded chc cases.....

Take my word for it???? My fat botty....

I only wanted a commitment that someone would be paying.  Pre-authorised personal debit card details will be fine as long as it covers up to £300,000 worth of staff time ;)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...

John le Mesurier and Hattie Jaques son Robin le Mesurier is the lead guitarist in Johnny Hallyday's band.

John le Mesurier's middle name was Elton.

Elton! I don't think I'll ever look at Dad's Army the same way again.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

We have had a week of rain and heavy winds. All the leaves have dropped from roadside and there are some seriously clogged drains.

I have driven through two sections of flooded roads tonight.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Today is the second-hottest November day on record in Sydney - 40.9°

We had a 41.8° back in Nov 1982.

Lucky for me I live out in the Western Suburbs and it is only 40.5° out here.

This weekend, former Superleague prop Ewan Dowes makes his debut at centre for Cleckheaton RUFC.

I expect Eddie Jones, the new England RU coach, will be monitoring his progress as they are looking for someone to replace Sam Burgess.

:D .

You know you've been married for 16 years when you send your wife a text saying "going to be late, going for beers with the lads from work then some food" and she replies "good, have fun, try not to wake me when you get home".

p.s. I really object to paying £46 for a round of 5 drinks in Shoreditch.  I don't care how posh McQueens is, £46 is bloody ridiculous.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I really object to paying £46 for a round of 5 drinks in Shoreditch.  I don't care how posh McQueens is, £45 is bloody ridiculous.

And I bet it was cack.

There's a shop sign in Bradford advertising Burger and Chips for £1.

A good pint of hand-pulled Tetleys can be bought at two Bradford city centre pubs for £2. Hand-pulled beer generally is about £3 to £3.40 a pint.

All cocktails at Al's Dime Bar are (I think) £4.50

And I bet it was cack.

There's a shop sign in Bradford advertising Burger and Chips for £1.

A good pint of hand-pulled Tetleys can be bought at two Bradford city centre pubs for £2. Hand-pulled beer generally is about £3 to £3.40 a pint.

All cocktails at Al's Dime Bar are (I think) £4.50

Burger and chips for £1 - just imagine the quality cuts of meat they use! Has the local rat population dropped noticeably since they started advertising?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Burger and chips for £1 - just imagine the quality cuts of meat they use! Has the local rat population dropped noticeably since they started advertising?

Course not. They are breeding them as fast as they can.

It's Lancashire Day.

Obviously, nobody's noticed.

No real need to go around wishing people "happy Lancashire day", we're happy every day. Unlike the misrble folk over the hill where being happy for one day of the year is considered an achievement. :P

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."