Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Hardly surprising given the number of things trying to kill you in Australia. Being locked safely away in a cell has got to be a positive (assuming the bugs, beasts, snakes and other killers cannot find a way in...)

It the same not also true of a clinical trial with experimental drugs?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

It the same not also true of a clinical trial with experimental drugs?

Absolutely, the survival rate in clinical trials far exceeds that seen amongst the general populous in Australia.

I heard the term omnishambles first in The Thick of It a few years ago.  I always thought it a bit pretentious and unusable in real life but, well, today I've spent the entire day fixing an omnishambles of a team.  That's the polite way to put it.  The less polite ways would be censored on this board.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I heard the term omnishambles first in The Thick of It a few years ago. I always thought it a bit pretentious and unusable in real life but, well, today I've spent the entire day fixing an omnishambles of a team. That's the polite way to put it. The less polite ways would be censored on this board.

Does it begin with cluster?

Does it begin with cluster?

Yes.  But then the second part usually requires some competence unless you're sticking it in the wrong hole by accident.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I think I've received the largest in size presentation in my life so far just now.  1.4GB in size because they embedded the videos...

Did anyone else notice that coverage of the war in Iraq disappeared from all Western media about 6 weeks ago? ISIS still holds Mosul, half of Fallujah and the main roads from Iraq into north- and central-western Syria.

I think I've received the largest in size presentation in my life so far just now.  1.4GB in size because they embedded the videos...

Project management at it's finest. 

Now ready to be distributed to 50 people by email as an attachment.....

Project management at it's finest. 

Now ready to be distributed to 50 people by email as an attachment.....

It was a RFU presentation on nuances.  Just nuances.  There was nothing subtle about it.

It was a RFU presentation on nuances.  Just nuances.  There was nothing subtle about it.

I hope the video was filled with scrums and none of that try scoring nonsense?

I hope the video was filled with scrums and none of that try scoring nonsense?

Oh it was all scrums.  A whole day's presentation worth of scrums.  Setting consistent standards for the refereeing of scrums.  Again.

Nothing wrong with raw milk. When I was a kid the guy who pumped it out of the cow also delivered it to your house. No bottles, you just left a saucepan next to the letter box and he filled it up. You could watch the entire process from grass to home because his cows grazed at the local swimming hole at Mungabareena.

Edited by Farmduck

I was driving along just before lunchtime today and was stuck in an annoying stopped bit of traffic on the A12.  I had Ken Bruce on Radio 2 on and he played The Carpenters' Top of the World.  For some reason, the traffic just melted away as it started playing, I was able to put the cruise control on at 70mph on nearly clear roads.  The song finished and within a couple of seconds the traffic just seized up again and it was abysmal traffic for the rest of the journey.