Uninteresting Trivial Facts

A branch of Morrisons has opened just up the road in Colindale/Burnt Oak (not far from where the London Broncos were based last year).

I went to take a look. On a Sunday afternoon. Which was a very stupid time to visit any supermarket. Not only was it crowded, but virtually everyone in there was fairly lost, as it only opened 4 or 5 days ago.  :fie:

Still, it does stock League Express. I'll visit it at a more carefully-selected time in future.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Did you know that if you are watching a Youtube video and press a number key then it goes to x0% of the way through, e.g. if you press 5 it goes 50% of the way through.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I was driving along just before lunchtime today and was stuck in an annoying stopped bit of traffic on the A12.  I had Ken Bruce on Radio 2 on and he played The Carpenters' Top of the World.  For some reason, the traffic just melted away as it started playing, I was able to put the cruise control on at 70mph on nearly clear roads.  The song finished and within a couple of seconds the traffic just seized up again and it was abysmal traffic for the rest of the journey.

Did he then play "(They long to be) Close to you" ?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

The professional association for aesthetic plastic surgeons in the UK is called BAAPS.  Hmmm.... (safe for work link)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Single ladies, form an orderly queue... he's back!

CeFnk3uW4AA6xnQ.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

After a year in California, I finally saw a rattler.  Probably, that was the opinion of the I was cycling with.  It was huge.  I changed direction so as not to cycle over it and that was probably wise.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I have 1895 likes on my posts :)

Here, let me ruin that magic number for you. :P 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here, let me ruin that magic number for you. :P

And in year two there was the conversion to the light of Cas and Salford :P

It's just jealousy anyway because 1000 ish more people like you than me :(

After a year in California, I finally saw a rattler.  Probably, that was the opinion of the I was cycling with.  It was huge.  I changed direction so as not to cycle over it and that was probably wise.

Those things would worry me. That type of venom dissolves tissue so even if you survive you easily lose an arm or a leg.

Snakes are ancient history anyway. Sydney is now under attack by Brush Turkeys.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-31/brush-turkeys-haunting-sydney-backyards/7287518

I'm getting fed up of people using military terms then insisting that it's not military and is a fancy new business consultancy technique invented by a certain genius business consultant. The latest to hit me regularly is After Action Report. Apparently I'm mistaken that this is something the military has ever done because it's such a novel concept.

In the company Christmas raffle of gifts from suppliers I won a bottle of champagne and a case of Fosters

Lady Luck giveth and Lady Luck taketh away...

And this morning I went to the beer fridge in the garage and there is the Fosters still unopened.

The champagne didn't make it past Christmas Eve.

I'm getting fed up of people using military terms then insisting that it's not military and is a fancy new business consultancy technique invented by a certain genius business consultant. The latest to hit me regularly is After Action Report. Apparently I'm mistaken that this is something the military has ever done because it's such a novel concept.

Thank you for that. I have jobs to do  but I have now been on a (short) journey taking in Julius Caesar's "Commentarii de Bello Gallico " and apparently the first use of AAR, Vercingetorix's surrender to Caesar after the battle of Alesia (Mont-Auxois, near Alise-Sainte-Reine in Burgundy), the Vercingetorix statue in Clermont Ferrand and to the site of a battle between the Romans and Vercingetorix and his forces on the Plateau de Gergovie, just south of Clermont Ferrand ( well worth a visit)

Edited by JohnM

Those things would worry me. That type of venom dissolves tissue so even if you survive you easily lose an arm or a leg.

Snakes are ancient history anyway. Sydney is now under attack by Brush Turkeys.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-31/brush-turkeys-haunting-sydney-backyards/7287518

The lady I was with said it was the first time she had seen a snake and she has been here a geed few years and spends much of her time out cycling and skating.  The first time I went for a jog around here I saw signs warning me of the snakes, which did set me on edge.  Actually getting bitten is rare though.  There is a main road outside my apartment, which is far more likely a way for me to lose life or limb.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

They need to put the moose on the table, get their ducks in a row, then take this offline for some bluesky out of the box thinking. Plenty of non-military garbage they can talk (assuming none of those are borrowed from the military).

They need to put the moose on the table, get their ducks in a row, then take this offline for some bluesky out of the box thinking. Plenty of non-military garbage they can talk (assuming none of those are borrowed from the military).

Not the military - I think you may actually be channelling Donald Trump.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not the military - I think you may actually be channelling Donald Trump.

You think you have a fancy new business consultancy technique? I have the best business consultancy, believe me the best, the best.  My techniques, yeah I went to great schools, and all that stuff, but my techniques, boy my techniques, I taught myself.  I know words, the best words.  If I come to you as a consultant, they would say i'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world, its true!  We will do very, very well, very, very well.

I would fix that broken business, so so broken, and make it great again.  So to sum up how i would fix it, make it great, I would do various things, very quickly, make it the best, the best.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

You can't slip anything past the NSW Police these days:

"Homicide detectives said they believed the senior Rebels bikie was killed because he had been shot a number of times in the head."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-06/police-release-cctv-photos-over-rebels-bikie-mark-easter's-death/7304438

George Mason University in Virginia was about to change it's name to Antonin Scalia School of Law, until someone pointed out it's acronym would be ASSoL

​BBC​

Takes me back to a previous employment when a Skipton based economic development initiative I was helping were about to call themselves the Craven Regeneration and Action Partnership.

Takes me back to a previous employment when a Skipton based economic development initiative I was helping were about to call themselves the Craven Regeneration and Action Partnership.

When I lived in Sydney in the early eighties there was a local Gas Analysis company that made it into the local paper when they rebranded as Analgas

A list of people currently barred from the Half Moon, Herne Hill.

Cf2Pah2W4AALo38.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson