Uninteresting Trivial Facts

A duplicate post, and not a fact but a poser:

Manchester City are through to the semis of a European Club championship.  That means Manchester are the second city in England to have sent two clubs that far with London being the first.

England is the second nation in Europe to have had two towns manage this.  What is the other?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I've left the baseball on in the background while I do some studying and I'll never criticise inane commentary on cricket ever again.  The commentator has gone into strange facts about Socrates because one of the player has that name.  I think the commentator is overdoing the whisky, it's utter tripe coming out most of the time.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've left the baseball on in the background while I do some studying and I'll never criticise inane commentary on cricket ever again.  The commentator has gone into strange facts about Socrates because one of the player has that name.  I think the commentator is overdoing the whisky, it's utter tripe coming out most of the time.

I'm now utterly convinced he's calling the sides the d-bags against the doggers.  That's one hell of a slurred voice.  Almost Terry Wogan at end of Eurovision slurred...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Wonder if they would like Stuart Barnes to add to the mix. He knows nothing about baseball, but he also knows nothing about rugby and that's never stopped him talking about games.

A duplicate post, and not a fact but a poser:

Manchester City are through to the semis of a European Club championship.  That means Manchester are the second city in England to have sent two clubs that far with London being the first.

England is the second nation in Europe to have had two towns manage this.  What is the other?

Guessing, Spain and Italy. I think there were 2 Milan and 2 Madrid teams but not sure about the second cities.

We live in the part of the country that generates AV, AW, AX and AY prefix car registrations.  My mate got a pic of a car with AX15 EVL last year and was quite proud of it.  He's now got the set:  AX15 EVL, AX15 GER, AX15 ITL and AX15 JPN

One of our cats died today.  20 years old.  Died of old age in his sleep on his favourite cushion.

Guessing, Spain and Italy. I think there were 2 Milan and 2 Madrid teams but not sure about the second cities.

I forgot I posted this here too.

The two nations to have had two cities with two European Cup/Champions League semi-finalists are England and Scotland (Glasgow and Dundee - United in 1984 and Dundee FC is the early 60's).

Edited tanks to tonyXIII, well spotted, Sir!

Edited by Bob8

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I forgot I posted this here too.

The two nations to have had two cities with two European Cup/Champions League semi-finalists are England and Scotland (Glasgow and Dundee - United in 1984 and Dundee FC is the early 60's).

Corrected for you.

Though I do really, really hope City make it past Real. (I can't find a "pray" emoticon)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

What about Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid?

Thats 1 city, you need a second in the country with 2 teams.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• 2 weeks later...

Of the people on this forum who were on this messageboard back when it was good (1999), a majority have had a drink in The Black Swan in Copenhagen.

Nerd alert: On an episode of Big Bang tonight Sheldon had drawn a Hydrogen atom. I can't believe I noticed that he had included a neutron.

Nerd alert: On an episode of Big Bang tonight Sheldon had drawn a Hydrogen atom. I can't believe I noticed that he had included a neutron.

They have a leading physicist check the show's content for scientific accuracy.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Didn't even make it to 3 minute past midnight before being sent an advert for Star Wars stuff with the "May the 4th be with you" thing as the leader.  Oh come on...

From 1.40, a certain Huddersfield Giant is mentioned.

I wonder where that reference came from. Was the commentator aware of the Big Daddy connection, or was it something else. Strange.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson