Uninteresting Trivial Facts

This may be old news, I can't remember it being mentioned on here, but has WWE ever drawn upon a RL player for a comparison with one of its wrestling superstars..... yes it has. 

From 1.40, a certain Huddersfield Giant is mentioned.

Blimey.

I had forgotten quite how ridiculous that show is.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I wonder where that reference came from. Was the commentator aware of the Big Daddy connection, or was it something else. Strange.

Weird isn't it. He says the name as if the other commentator is also familiar. Maybe they are fans and watch in the US on some channel.

I was out walking with my 6 year old last weekend. The weather was typically April Showers with sun shining through the light rain. I mentioned that there might well be a rainbow and we started to scan the sky only to be disappointed. At that point, he piped up with "maybe it's still loading ".

I was out walking with my 6 year old last weekend. The weather was typically April Showers with sun shining through the light rain. I mentioned that there might well be a rainbow and we started to scan the sky only to be disappointed. At that point, he piped up with "maybe it's still loading ".

:biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-16/world-first-scanning-helium-microscope-unveiled-uni-of-newcastle/7415800

Australian researchers say they have built a world-first prototype of a new scanning helium microscope that will "open scientific doors".

Why don't they just use door handles like everyone else?

Bubinga is a West African tropical hardwood from the tree Guibourtia demeusei, sometimes called African rosewood. Here is an example:

ibanez_ag95_back.jpg

This is what I learnt today from a Jazz guitar site.

Platinum at £23 per gram is currently less expensive than gold which is £28 per gram.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Platinum at £23 per gram is currently less expensive than gold which is £28 per gram.

Blimey, that's amost as much as mineral water in a London restaurant! :O 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blimey, that's amost as much as mineral water in a London restaurant! :O

Which is about half the price of that rarest of commodities.....Printer ink

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Which is about half the price of that rarest of commodities.....Printer ink

Surely no-one can afford that stuff any more? I'm pretty sure I saw Roman Abramovich running out of my local Rymans, sobbing, just a couple of days ago.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bubinga is a West African tropical hardwood from the tree Guibourtia demeusei, sometimes called African rosewood. Here is an example:

ibanez_ag95_back.jpg

This is what I learnt today from a Jazz guitar site.

Tricky to play though, without strings

A book of verses underneath the bough,

A jug of wine, a loaf of bread - and thou,

Beside me singing in the wilderness -

Oh, wilderness were paradise enow!

Carol and I are sitting in the plateia, under the branches of a tree, sharing a jug of wine. It's the first time this year that it's really felt warm enough, so I thought I'd treat you all to a little Omar Khayyam. Cheers!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Chinese ad agency is copping flack for the alleged racism in this ad. The agency claims critics are being too sensitive. I've known a lot of Chinese so I know this ad is pure silliness - no Chinese person would ever let a black person inside their house.

There were no posts on the 'Any Other Business / Any Other Sports' section of the forum for about 8 hours yesterday. Must be a record!

Everyone  was too busy watching Saracens vs Exeter from Twickenham  :tongue:

Everyone  was too busy watching Saracens vs Exeter from Twickenham  :tongue:

Indeed; the bit of the match they actually saw rendered them unconscious for the following 7 hours and 55 minutes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson