Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Just spotted on Amazon, a "Frequently bought together" trio of books:

1. Cookin' with Coolio: The Ghetto Gournet

2. Images you should not masturbate to

3. A Practical Guide to Racism 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Melbourne scientists have finally successfully trained Black Swans to use pedestrian crossings.

7473888-3x2-940x627.jpg

Pah, I don't believe it.

They're just following the Zebras...or Pelicans.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

A loss to Dewsbury, a bottle of bison grass vodka and some lemonade gets you very, very ###### ladies and gentlemen.

Chuck in some pork pies and Zoolander on Dave and you've got yourself an evening.

See you in the morning...! :dancing:

Just spotted on Amazon, a "Frequently bought together" trio of books:

1. Cookin' with Coolio: The Ghetto Gournet

2. Images you should not masturbate to

3. A Practical Guide to Racism

Now then which one did you put in your basket to get the other two up?.

The neighbourhood foxes are having a sex party outside my house tonight.  It sounds like a scene from a horror film.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Good news!  I got a £200 refund from HMRC for overpaid charge that I appealed against 18 months ago for one of my companies.

Bad news!  I closed the companies a while ago therefore the cheque legally belongs to the Crown.

FFS...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Good news!  I got a £200 refund from HMRC for overpaid charge that I appealed against 18 months ago for one of my companies.

Bad news!  I closed the companies a while ago therefore the cheque legally belongs to the Crown.

FFS...

If you are still within the timescales for the CT600 return then simply resubmit the CT600 and appoint yourself as the nominee on the form to receive any refund due. If you're not then simply bank it to your own current account and see what happens....

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

If you are still within the timescales for the CT600 return then simply resubmit the CT600 and appoint yourself as the nominee on the form to receive any refund due. If you're not then simply bank it to your own current account and see what happens....

It wasn't a CT600.  I had a second company set up as a backup for certain emergency circumstances, it was dormant its entire existence and had no Corp Tax registration but one year HMRC decided I hadn't submitted a Corp Tax return and fined me.  I refused to pay, they fined me another £100.  I was told they would only cancel the Corp Tax registration, that I hadn't made, and consider an appeal if I paid the £200 fine.  No payment = no appeal.  I paid, the appeal was damnably slow, I lost the first appeal and appealed again, 18 months later I find I win but only after I'd closed the company.

I had to close the companies otherwise I'd be in breach of my NHS terms & conditions, I was given a six month exemption to either get rid or close, I closed.

The cheque is to the company name.  The company never had a bank account!  I'm going to ask them nicely if they'll pay it to me as an exception because they took so long.

It wasn't a CT600.  I had a second company set up as a backup for certain emergency circumstances, it was dormant its entire existence and had no Corp Tax registration but one year HMRC decided I hadn't submitted a Corp Tax return and fined me.  I refused to pay, they fined me another £100.  I was told they would only cancel the Corp Tax registration, that I hadn't made, and consider an appeal if I paid the £200 fine.  No payment = no appeal.  I paid, the appeal was damnably slow, I lost the first appeal and appealed again, 18 months later I find I win but only after I'd closed the company.

I had to close the companies otherwise I'd be in breach of my NHS terms & conditions, I was given a six month exemption to either get rid or close, I closed.

The cheque is to the company name.  The company never had a bank account!  I'm going to ask them nicely if they'll pay it to me as an exception because they took so long.

Can't really beat that :tongue:  but it's one o those kardashians birthday today

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Australia's new Immigration SWAT Teams, Border Force, are really on the ball:

Queensland Compliance acting Inspector Teresa Skellett said the Border Force would conduct future investigations in the region as part of a wider investigation.

"The Australian Border Force has information that there are a number of illegal workers in Australia at the moment," she said.

You can't get anything past them.

Don't really want to start a new thread so this one will do:

What is it with woollen ties?  They look cheap, nasty and like something the wearer's granny knitted for them for Christmas.  Too many people wearing them these days as if they're something special.

Don't really want to start a new thread so this one will do:

What is it with woollen ties?  They look cheap, nasty and like something the wearer's granny knitted for them for Christmas.  Too many people wearing them these days as if they're something special.

No doubt also massively expensive unless purchased at a jumble sale or from a nursing home sewing group.

The digestive system of Demodex mites is so efficient and results in so little waste that they have no excretory orifice.

D...E...M...O....D....E....X  mites. ok   

The question is what evolutionary advantage did the bum holeless mites have over their fellows or did the bum hole just never evolve.I'll ask Master Calthrop to bemuse his teacher about this.

Ipswich have installed temporary statues of pigs across the town centre, all in different outfits.

Ipswich have installed temporary statues of pigs across the town centre, all in different outfits.

And you can buy a Pig Pass on Ipswich Buses. This donates £1 to a local hospice and includes free bus travel around the town plus travel to Jimmy's Farm.

Ipswich can be quite strange.

But quirky.... britain does the 'slightly eccentric' very well.... love it.

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

We had a murder in my suburb over the weekend. It's our first one for about 15 years. We were falling behind badly for this area. People were starting to think we were all a bunch of pussies around here.