Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Interested in one of these. What's the sound quality like?

To my untrained ear it is pretty good. We do have a few around the house and have been really impressed with them. We have a pair in the lounge that are paired to give stereo sounds and they sound really good even at a reasonably high volume.

The app to control them is very user friendly. We use Spotify for streaming music.

The Play 1 is currently on special offer at Amazon/John Lewis etc, £30 off the regular price

To my untrained ear it is pretty good. We do have a few around the house and have been really impressed with them. We have a pair in the lounge that are paired to give stereo sounds and they sound really good even at a reasonably high volume.

The app to control them is very user friendly. We use Spotify for streaming music.

The Play 1 is currently on special offer at Amazon/John Lewis etc, £30 off the regular price

Thank you. Will have a look.

Do you only drive on the beach?

It's an outlander hybrid

I suspect the automatic gearbox and electric motor mean the tyres don't get a massive amount of stress. By comparison my bike rear tyres last between 3000 & 5000 miles although I'm happy to trade longevity for grip in that case

I have just been advised I don't need new tyres on my car

All four are originals and it's done 33500 miles.

I think that's quite good.

Similar mileage and was checking the other day and thinking I may soon need a fourth set of tyres on the front wheels.

Not sure if Continentals are rubbish for longevity or possibly my enthusiastic driving style may have something to do with it....

Similar mileage and was checking the other day and thinking I may soon need a fourth set of tyres on the front wheels.

Not sure if Continentals are rubbish for longevity or possibly my enthusiastic driving style may have something to do with it....

Have you still got the VRS? If so I may have an inkling as to the difference in tyre life

It's an outlander hybrid

I suspect the automatic gearbox and electric motor mean the tyres don't get a massive amount of stress. By comparison my bike rear tyres last between 3000 & 5000 miles although I'm happy to trade longevity for grip in that case

Weight and cornering does for tyres unless you are a wheel spin merchant. autobox and hybrid motors means heavy. If you've put 33,500 miles on those tyres get  touch with the manufacturers and see if they'll exchange them for a new set they just might want to see them for research. 

Having said that I'd swap them out whatever. Tyres wear in more ways than tread depth

Weight and cornering does for tyres unless you are a wheel spin merchant. autobox and hybrid motors means heavy. If you've put 33,500 miles on those tyres get touch with the manufacturers and see if they'll exchange them for a new set they just might want to see them for research.

Having said that I'd swap them out whatever. Tyres wear in more ways than tread depth

I would if it was my call but it's on a lease and Lex are happy with 5mm tread

Have you still got the VRS? If so I may have an inkling as to the difference in tyre life

Yes, nice toy but a little heavy on the tyres. Also a bit rubbish when it comes to mpg, but 33,500 in 6 years hasn't seen me splashing out excessively on fuel.

Blimey

My 33500 is in 18 months

Since switching from driving to work everyday to working from home full time my annual mileage has plummeted. My car now spends most of the time sat in my garage and maybe comes out 3 times a week. Most of my work travel is internationally and I get a taxi to the airport.

My monthly trip to the petrol station is something of a novelty, sometimes I can go 6 weeks between visits.

Adama Barrow, the new president of Gambia, used to work as a security guard at the Argos on Holloway Road in London.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Would someone please take that Orla Guerin off the telly out for a night? Del Boy style with a steak meal if needed. Christ, she spends all her life in warzones looking bloody miserable.

Someone dead sophisticated like Bob8 maybe. Failing that, Gurner.

Not just me then? I find her voice grating.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."