Uninteresting Trivial Facts

A new December record for Sydney last night with the minimum overnight temp of 27.1°

Out here it was about 28° at 10.30pm.

Wow! 27.1 That's nearly 5 degrees of frost.

I thought it was warm in Sydney.

Here in Coventry it was a balmy 40 degrees last night.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Wow! 27.1 That's nearly 5 degrees of frost.

I thought it was warm in Sydney.

Here in Coventry it was a balmy 40 degrees last night.

What is it with Brits and their Centigradenheit temperature system? We went to Centigrade in 1974 and had a long changeover period for people to get used to it. I think it took nearly a month.

Not feeling xmasy yet. Being a catholic its just another sin

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

What is it with Brits and their Centigradenheit temperature system? We went to Centigrade in 1974 and had a long changeover period for people to get used to it. I think it took nearly a month.

Why?

Fahrenheit works perfectly well.

"if it aint broke dont fix it"

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Anybody under the age of 40 will be pretty much centigrade only.  Though that might change within we go back to blue passports and imperial measures,

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Anybody under the age of 40 will be pretty much centigrade only. Though that might change within we go back to blue passports and imperial measures,

I'm in my mid 50s and I can't remember a time that I thought in Fahrenheit. Centigrade makes much more sense: 0 for freezing, 100 for boiling of water, values that you can relate to.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Anybody under the age of 40 will be pretty much centigrade only.  Though that might change within we go back to blue passports and imperial measures,

Christ, I hope not.

They didn't even bother with Fahrenheit when we were in school.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

You wait 'til they get rid of that nasty, foreign-style decimal currency, so brutally forced upon us by evil Europhiles.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joking aside, going from 240d in a Pound to 100 must have been a fiddle somewhere. :)

Decimalisation made a lot of sense as well. I can only presume the idea of counting in twelves was based upon the number of fingers available to the average Yorkshireman. :unsure:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

A new December record for Sydney last night with the minimum overnight temp of 27.1°

Out here it was about 28° at 10.30pm.

You must be mistaken.  There is global cooling.  Trump and the Daily Mail told me so....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I was told in a meeting earlier this morning by someone in a work meeting that she'd talked to the spirits about me and they said I was "safe and trustworthy".  Apparently she does spiritual readings and tarot cards for people at the weekend.  I did manage to reign in my natural cynicism and stop myself saying "which spirits?  I'm always partial to a good whisky"

A very bizarre meeting...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Best Facebook post I've seen this year:

Remember when we cried as kids and our parents said "I'll give you something to cry about!"?  We thought they were going to hit us, instead they voted in the Tories again, cheered the ladder being pulled up behind them and voted Brexit...

:P

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Why?

Fahrenheit works perfectly well.

"if it aint broke dont fix it"

I have been in the USA and still struggle only have a patchy feel for it.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014