Uninteresting Trivial Facts

This talk of food reminds me of when I was in the Army in Egypt in 1953. At meal times we had to hit our slices of bread against our tent poles to get rid of the weevils. Cockroaches the size of your hand used to run across the tent floors when the walls were rolled back in Summer. (94 degrees in the shade). The only redeeming feature was swimming in the Med. IWT Workshops Port Said. 1952-1954 back in 1956 for Suez Invasion. When I got home at my first day at work the boss asked me how much studying I had done for my exams whilst I was away. IDIOT.

I've just spent 90 minutes wandering around the National Gallery in Edinburgh pretending I'm not really an uncultured working class bloke. I'd even heard of a few of the painters...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I was charged twice at Wilko for some Fairy platinum dishwasher tablets.

I didn't notice until I saw the receipt when I got home.

Someone claim my £5.

You new men! Wbat on earth are you doing

A. With a dishwasher

B. Shopping for dishwasher tablets

I despair.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I was charged twice at Wilko for some Fairy platinum dishwasher tablets.

I didn't notice until I saw the receipt when I got home.

Someone claim my £5.

I will claim your £5 if it has a picture etched on to it of Jane Austen.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-38466625

Edited by Bleep1673

More like another victory against opening your wallet! :)

#ebeneezer

When you say "it's 1m long with a perspex blade", do you mean the blade is 1m long and is made of perspex or do you mean the handle is 1m long and the blade is made of perspex? If the former, you can't possibly control it effectively - it will wreck the rubber seals round the windscreen - and it won't work. If the latter, then congratulations on a (minor) engineering feat.  :P

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

When you say "it's 1m long with a perspex blade", do you mean the blade is 1m long and is made of perspex or do you mean the handle is 1m long and the blade is made of perspex? If the former, you can't possibly control it effectively - it will wreck the rubber seals round the windscreen - and it won't work. If the latter, then congratulations on a (minor) engineering feat.  :P

It's a 1m long 12 mm thick ply handle allowing two handed operation if required, 2 points of blade attachment with countersunk nut and flat head M4 machine screws, the blade is approx 120mm wide by 110mm long and 2mm thick with a 90cutting edge. 

If the blade was 1m wide the seals would be fine as it would drag the paintwork either side of the glass.

It's seriously mild for 1st January...  Just been outside of a walk on the patio in my underwear.  In the Scottish highlands.  And it wasn't that cold.

Don't worry, no-one else around to see me bar the wife.

I'm missing my cigar.  I have one smoke every year, a cigar at New Year, and this year I'd be having it on my own so decided not to bother.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It is a fair bit chillier here in the Borders.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is a fair bit chillier here in the Borders.

There seems to be a fair few of the forum faithful in Scotland this Christmas.

get yersel a car with a Quickclear windscreen. Magic!

The front heated windscreen is one of mans greatest inventions it must be said!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Here's an example of how inaccurate public perceptions can be. A survey of Australians in 2015 showed that the average estimate of Australia's Foreign Aid budget was 16% of GNI. 70% thought we spent too much and this and should be cut to (another average) 12%.

The actual figure is 0.22% which is less than one-tenth of the amount most wanted it cut to. Even if people were confused over GDP/GNI, as a % of GDP it would have been 35% lower. And if people confused it with the % of Government expenditure, the entire Dept of Foreign Affairs only takes up 1.6% of the Budget with most of that going on maintaining embassies and the Head Office in Canberra.

Edited by Farmduck

Here's an example of how inaccurate public perceptions can be. A survey of Australians in 2015 showed that the average estimate of Australia's Foreign Aid budget was 16% of GNI. 70% thought we spent too much and this and should be cut to (another average) 12%.

The actual figure is 0.22% which is less than one-tenth of the amount most wanted it cut to. Even if people were confused over GDP/GNI, as a % of GDP it would have been 35% lower. And if people confused it with the % of Government expenditure, the entire Dept of Foreign Affairs only takes up 1.6% of the Budget with most of that going on maintaining embassies and the Head Office in Canberra.

We give a **** about Australian GDP, when our own is going down the S***hole post Brexit (Bleep1673 sarcasm)

Edited by Bleep1673

I've just completed my tax return.  Three weeks before the deadline.  That must be a new record for getting it done early, usually it's a day or so before the deadline...

I discovered today that there's an Aryan Medical Centre in south Essex.

Also, one of the UK's biggest Apple resellers is Stormfront.

No link from either to the less acceptable parts of society...

I had a lunchtime meeting at a NHS trust, 29 miles from my office, here's my car's efficiency stat on the way to the meeting on a full battery, I had 1 mile of battery charge left:

IMG_2657.jpg

Here it is after the way back with an empty battery

IMG_2658.jpg

135 mpg isn't bad at all...

4 hours ago, ckn said:

I had a lunchtime meeting at a NHS trust, 29 miles from my office, here's my car's efficiency stat on the way to the meeting on a full battery, I had 1 mile of battery charge left:

IMG_2657.jpg

Here it is after the way back with an empty battery

IMG_2658.jpg

135 mpg isn't bad at all...

Hippie.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."