Uninteresting Trivial Facts

1 hour ago, Griff9of13 said:

Hippie.

It's quite addictive seeing how efficient the car can go.  Also, watching the efficiency plummet with simple things like the air conditioner.

It is a bit strange plugging the car in at night though when I get home.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Did you ever see the Top Gear Episode where Clarkson had to get from London to Edinburgh, and back, on one tank of petrol?

He couldn't use the radio, heating, lights, brake too hard, use the windscreen wipers/washers because it indirectly used fuel

I've been doing some refresher exercises with MS Excel and, needing a database to muck about with, exported a basic list from my media player.

Thanks to the Excel formula library, I now know that the average release date of my record collection is 1990. 

To be precise, 1990.6003470214, which would be Summer, more or less. Which is an entirely useless thing to know. 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I've been doing some refresher exercises with MS Excel and, needing a database to muck about with, exported a basic list from my media player.

Thanks to the Excel formula library, I now know that the average release date of my record collection is 1990. 

To be precise, 1990.6003470214, which would be Summer, more or less. Which is an entirely useless thing to know. 

That has to be the best on this thread.

31 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

That has to be the best on this thread.

To be truly pedantic, there are still 183 albums/EPs/singles (about 1600 tracks) with no release date in my library, so it could skew the results a little if I filled them in.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As a proud citizen of Blacktown, I'm always pleased on those rare occasions when our city gets a mention in the National News:

Two people are being treated in a Western Sydney Hospital for a rare flesh-eating bacteria.

The 57-year-old man and 46-year-old woman contracted nectrotising fasciitis in Polynesia and are in a stable condition in Blacktown Hospital.

While antibiotics are used to combat the condition initially, surgery to remove the infected tissue is the only cure available.

Edited by Farmduck
because Patriarchy

Lord John Prescott is staying at the same London hotel as I am (he's certainly not blowing his expense budget). And no, before you ask, he's not driving two Jags. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

30 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Not sure if this is the right thread. It's a question rather than a fact but it is trivial. I like this woman's YT vids. What is her accent?

Definitely NSFW

I think she is from the ever growing population of Chavland. 

Not really uninteresting or trivial but nowhere else to put this really:

The first freight train from China arrived in the UK today having left China on 1st January pulling 34 freight wagons.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I had to moderate one of my own posts today.  In my defence and what's just got me a warning from myself is that there was also the option for qualified people reading to generously consider themselves as naive.

On 18/01/2017 at 8:43 AM, Griff9of13 said:

Lord John Prescott is staying at the same London hotel as I am (he's certainly not blowing his expense budget). And no, before you ask, he's not driving two Jags. :rolleyes:

This hotel must be the place for Labour Lords with rugby league connections, I was making small talk with Lord Douglas Hoyle in the lift last night. 

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."