Uninteresting Trivial Facts

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

We have power cuts about 3 times a year here in Hastings, not sure why.

You may have power cuts in St Leonards. Here in Hastings we do not.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

There's a presumably sanitised YouTube for Kids app where you can search and find Christian and Muslim videos but not Atheism or atheist. List of things to protect children from: abduction, pedophiles, rape, atheism. What happens if atheist parents want their children to have access to atheist videos?

20 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I bought a new rubbish bin for the kitchen today.

I bought one last week. £19.99 from The Range

Edited by Wolford6
  • Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Been to see Sunny Afternoon, the Kinks musical that's currently touring.

I would urge anyone of any age and gender to see this show; the cast are brilliant and the musicianship is tremendous . They brought the house down at the Alhambra.

have just ordered an Austin ambassador key ring from e bay, I don't have an Austin ambassador  though , but maybe one day I will.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

11 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Ask john Shuttleworth if he'll sell you his.

mary wouldn't be too happy, plus how would he be able to go check the level on the reservoir?

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

It's taken me three hours to complete a job application...  I'm very out of practice with this sort of thing.

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, ckn said:

It's taken me three hours to complete a job application...  I'm very out of practice with this sort of thing.

I have been out of work for 15 months, I have filled in 4 application in that time such is the dearth of work here. there are jobs, don't get me wrong, for apprenticeships, 18-24, for people with plenty of experience in that particular field, or a clean driving license.

I have just started work as a volunteer at the British Heart Foundation, furniture and Electricals shop on Hastings sea-front, just to get some references, as I was sacked from my NHS job, and the next job I had, the company has gone under. I'm 54, with no other work experience other than the NHS, no references, and the Job Centre mithering me about my lack of applications, and threatening Sanctions.

• 2 weeks later...

When I moved into my house twenty five years ago, I got the son of a woman I worked with to fit a burglar alarm. Unfortunately, he had been a Leeds player and fitted a yellow box with a blue beacon. He reckoned he didn't have any red beacons.

That yellow box has been painted green for twenty four years.