Uninteresting Trivial Facts

4 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

It's in readiness for when it'll have no more Spanish chicken in it when we leave the EU.

Ahhh, American chicken flavoured random meat!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Our car has the middle part L 10 N, great for a Swinton fan

My old car had a number that would have made a great personalised plate for anyone named VK07HXX

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

When was the last time a member of the royal family graced our great games oldest final with their sweaty bottom to present our oldest current trophy to a working class oike?

Citizen_smith.jpg

;)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've just ordered food and drink at my table without having to move or speak to anyone via an app in Wetherspoons. This could be the saviour of the single diner in pubs.

• Like 2

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

23 hours ago, Shadow said:

My old car had a number that would have made a great personalised plate for anyone named VK07HXX

I forget what my first licence plates were in California, but one was stolen.  I called the police and they advised to take the other off, as I had reported the plates missing and it was better to be pulled over politely that be aggressively held up at gun point for driving with stolen plates.

I got a new set.  I cannot remember what they were either.  If anyone is interested, I can find out and post it in a different thread.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

When was the last time a member of the royal family graced our great games oldest final with their sweaty bottom to present our oldest current trophy to a working class oike?

when was one last invited?

I am on the Clapham omnibus. I wonder what the opinions are of fellow omnibus patrons. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

You know how all those Yank Conservatives always look back on the 1950s as some golden age of traditional family values? Truth is, the American marriage rate actually peaked in 1973, coincidentally the same year as the Roe v Wade court decision which effectively legalised abortion in the USA.

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Ed Balls

Happy anniversary! :biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The graphics card in my trusty MacBook Pro died. Just over six years old and gone. Ah well. 

Poor timing for Apple as I'm not replacing it with one of the spectacularly poor and spectacularly overpriced current MacBooks. I want one with the separate higher power graphics cards, I can get a very good gaming high power off the shelf HP or Dell for about £1000 but a MacBook Pro is about £2500 for the same spec.

It used to be that MacBooks were slightly overpriced but you got immense quality. Now they're shoddily specced and overpriced with moderate quality at best. Modern designer handbags for students to boast about their daddy's money. 

• Like 2

This is the last Apple product I owned.

apple-powerbook-100.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 25/04/2017 at 11:06 PM, JohnM said:

Paint on the walls is not the same colour as paint in the tin.

Son has told me I'm not allowed to buy any more tester pots.  I now have 10 that all looked palest blue in the shop but are shriekingly loud blue on the wall :sad:

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

I just made 5kg of asparagus soup.

I am typing this on an Apple computer.

I suppose that is better than making 5kg of apple soup and typing on an asparagus computer. :tease:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

On 28/04/2017 at 10:27 AM, ckn said:

The graphics card in my trusty MacBook Pro died. Just over six years old and gone. Ah well. 

Poor timing for Apple as I'm not replacing it with one of the spectacularly poor and spectacularly overpriced current MacBooks. I want one with the separate higher power graphics cards, I can get a very good gaming high power off the shelf HP or Dell for about £1000 but a MacBook Pro is about £2500 for the same spec.

It used to be that MacBooks were slightly overpriced but you got immense quality. Now they're shoddily specced and overpriced with moderate quality at best. Modern designer handbags for students to boast about their daddy's money. 

My nice new HP laptop arrived today.  Substantially better than any HP I've seen before...  good quality kit with almost no unwanted tripe software on it.  I especially like how they ask specific opt-in questions on privacy rather than Microsoft & Apple assuming you want them to pimp your data unless you find the specific hidden switches that turn the data transfer off.

20 hours ago, ckn said:

My nice new HP laptop arrived today.  Substantially better than any HP I've seen before...  good quality kit with almost no unwanted tripe software on it.  I especially like how they ask specific opt-in questions on privacy rather than Microsoft & Apple assuming you want them to pimp your data unless you find the specific hidden switches that turn the data transfer off.

One is typing this on a HP laptop.

And so the future begins...

I was talking to my cousin last week, and I asked him what was he up to, if he could talk about it (he works for HMRC), and he told me his team were investigating West Ham Utd, which was why he is in London for a month, other Premiership Clubs will be investigated over time.