Uninteresting Trivial Facts

We may well be arguing about how to make a cup of tea, whether to put the sugar in before the milk, or how long to leave the tea-bag (if you use one) in for, no one really gives a stuff over whether a teacake has currents in, or marshmallow, as long as you can go down to your small minded bakery, in your small minded village and get what your small minds require

• Like 2

On 5/12/2017 at 1:42 PM, Wolford6 said:

My van passed its MOT

Mine has failed it.

My wife has today mostly been eating cherries from Eloi Pelissier's grandad.

Shoe advert on telly. I'd bloody well hope you'd get the second shoe free...

IMG_2787.JPG

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

It's persisting down here. I thought we'd seen the last of winter, but it returned yesterday with a vengeance.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

You still on Crete?

Sure am, mate.

35 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I've just seen a Bentley hatchback.

Bentley hatchback!!!

That is just SO wrong!

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Can I get a job with you?

Be careful what you wish for. The grass is not greener on this side of the fence. Life is better, but pay is worse - much worse. I couldn't afford to live here if I didn't own my house (so no rent) and I couldn't afford to move back to the UK (due to rent prices) unless I went back to work. Wild horses wouldn't drag me back into a UK school, so I am kind of stuck here. Good job I like it.

I know you have had some issues recently and I really hope things take a turn for the better for you, but I don't think moving to Greece is the answer. Good luck with everything.

• Like 1

In honour of another rainy day in glorious England, I introduce you to one of the hundreds of Scottish words for rain:

Today's mist-like rain that soaks through everything is smirr. Quite probably one of the worst types.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

The kids in The Goonies were searching for One Eyed Willie's treasure...

Just had to turn the central heating back on after about 10 days without it. It's not freezing, but it is cold here in Crete. IN LATE MAY!

I blame Trump.:ph34r:

I'm having my first alcoholic drink in three weeks tonight.  A lovely Lagavulin 16yo I got as a gift from my wife's uncle.

You know how dreams can be absurdly strange, well... last night I dreamt I was leading an assault squad against a Chinese (or it may have been North Korean) military target. Boris Johnson was my heavy gunner and he kept on shouting "tally ho" and thinking the Chinese were foxes with him keeping up a racist commentary.  He was quite effective as a squaddie but lost all effectiveness when we gagged him.

Most of the rest of my squad were people I was in the army with.  One was a civvy mate who kept complaining that he only came along for the adventure training.

Bloody strange dream. 

I think some of it came from a friend sending me this yesterday for memory's sake. This came from a time when the army still did quite a decent bit of this stuff.