Uninteresting Trivial Facts

You can now upgrade Kindle books with a full Audible audio narration version for about £3-£4 for most books.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Malta has an estimated population of 460,000 with an estimated area of 316 km2

East Sussex has a population of 830,000, and a population of 1792 km2

Malta looked a hell of a lot fuller at 0830 this morning on the way to the airport.

Edited by Bleep1673

There was an unspeakable lapse in British manners today when on the train someone actually asked for proof when someone else said "sorry, you're in my seat" and pointing at the seat reservation above the seat itself. 

I've seen wars start for less. More than a few harrumphs were harrumphed and Telegraphs rustled. 

• Like 4

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

This country truly has gone to the dogs. I'm on the train home now and the guy opposite me has TAKEN HIS SHOES OFF. Flogging is too good for people like that. 

1 hour ago, ckn said:

This country truly has gone to the dogs. I'm on the train home now and the guy opposite me has TAKEN HIS SHOES OFF. Flogging is too good for people like that. 

I was on a train home years ago, and some Australian, female, tourist, started getting changed on the train. I missed my stop, and ended up in Slough, again.

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I was on a train home years ago, and some Australian, female, tourist, started getting changed on the train. I missed my stop, and ended up in Slough, again.

Is that what is meant by "the scenic route?"

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

14 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I have never passed a dutchie, either to the left or right hand side of me

We have a Dutchie in our kitchen, a Dutchie is a Caribbean, usually Jamaican "Dutch Pot", usually large enough to feed a whole family.

On Friday, Amazon was granted a patent to put parachutes into parcel delivery labels.

I've just deleted a spam post in the Coventry sub-forum posted by a Nigerian mystic selling love potions to people in Canada specifically to get their ex-lovers to come back to them.  Why the Coventry sub-forum?  Did someone mention to this mystic bloke about the old "sending them to Coventry" saying?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ckn said:

I've just deleted a spam post in the Coventry sub-forum posted by a Nigerian mystic selling love potions to people in Canada specifically to get their ex-lovers to come back to them.  Why the Coventry sub-forum?  Did someone mention to this mystic bloke about the old "sending them to Coventry" saying?

Coventry played the Toronto Wolfpack last weekend.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

12 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Coventry played the Toronto Wolfpack last weekend.

Still, no wonder there's ex-lovers there if that's the long-distance relationship...

3 hours ago, ckn said:

Did you buy any of his potions first? Let us know how you get on with the ex-lovers.;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

2 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Did you buy any of his potions first? Let us know how you get on with the ex-lovers.;)

I paid for something that made sure I never saw my ex-wife again.  I've not seen her since 1996 and I'm praying to $deity that that lasts for at least 5-6 times that more.  It's called a judgement of divorce and moving to a different county.

• Like 2

On 05/06/2017 at 7:16 PM, ckn said:

Looks like he's come back onto the main board. :tongue: