Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I asked one of the total dimbats I work with if he knew who was singing the song that was playing on the radio this aft, he didn't have a clue who the artist was - the song was - hey hey were the monkees

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Dustin Brown (Andy Murray's current opponent at Wimbledon) hasn't had a haircut this century. He's had those dreads for 21 years.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Dustin Brown (Andy Murray's current opponent at Wimbledon) hasn't had a haircut this century. He's had those dreads for 21 years.

I bet every time he goes to see the hairdresser shes dreading it

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Does he wash his hair?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

28 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Does he wash his hair?

No idea.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I saw a montagu's Harrier last night in the Dordogne.... another first in my life?

We would have more in the UK if they (like other birds of prey) were killed on purpose.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

There were quite a few on the wing yesterday on a riverboat trip on the dordogne. I heard the chirrup and saw one of the warblers too.... if it was a bonelli's warbler.... plenty this way on.... that too is a first. I'm just checking. 

Sadly the kingfishers eluded me.

We're effectively in a woodland on a site near the confluence of the vèzére and the Dordogne.... so this couple of weeks has been fab for wildlife. The memsahib is most happy

Edited by Robin Evans

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

We would have more in the UK if they (like other birds of prey) were killed on purpose.

Er, should there be a "not" in there? As in "if they were not killed on purpose"?:search:

Or am I missing some other point about shooting birds?

• Like 1

Just now, tonyXIII said:

Er, should there be a "not" in there? As in "if they were not killed on purpose"?:search:

Or am I missing some other point about shooting birds?

Very definitely a NOT needed in there!

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

13 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

heard the tom petty tickets are expensive?

Ever so slightly. Those two artists are the wife's favourite. And they're the bloody Diamond Circle ones by the stage as well because she gets a bit anxious in heavy crowds. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

You have never been truly harshly judged until you've been judged by a Selfridges shop assistant wondering how much commission she'll make from you.

That's the one part I hate about taking the wife to London, she has to go to all those shops...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Been to a funeral today, the first of the year which is something of an achievement considering by this time last year I'd been to four. :(

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

First day back on gardens after week in Croatia with family. It rained and was miserable for much of day

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

45 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

First day back on gardens after week in Croatia with family. It rained and was miserable for much of day

good for the garden though?

Only for weeds and grass. Not operatives 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I sometimes watch old showings of bullseye and wonder what percentage of the audience are now deceased, I usualy put it around 88 per cent

The New NHS thread has 38 pages and 19,200 odd views.

The Whisky thread has just 25 pages yet nearly 20,400 views.

Are some people who have been browsing the latter thread seeing double?

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

The New NHS thread has 38 pages and 19,200 odd views.

The Whisky thread has just 25 pages yet nearly 20,400 views.

Are some people who have been browsing the latter thread seeing double?

Since you're asking, mine's a treble, mate! Cheers!;)

32 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Since you're asking, mine's a treble, mate! Cheers!;)

I'm having a vodka tonight. A Cherry Bakewell vodka from Waitrose. Lovely stuff. Proper full strength stuff as well rather than liqueur strength.

• Like 1