Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I don't normally remember my dreams, but this morning there was a brief something right before I woke up that stuck in my head because it was so incongruous.

I dreamt I was on the set of a chat show, as Joan Jett was just about to interview Taulima Tautai. Very odd. Just as Taulima sat down on the couch for the chat, I woke up.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adult entertainment star Julie Strain's autobiography is titled 'Six Foot One and worth the Climb'. I'm tempted to buy it, just for the title.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

too many of these facts are too interesting - lets get back to the original thread, my dentist has a Mercedes m class with a private reg

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

too many of these facts are too interesting - lets get back to the original thread, my dentist has a Mercedes m class with a private reg

My lawn used to need cutting every week..

I sprinkled it with whisky and now it comes up half cut  ( thank you The Beano 1938)

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I'm having pizza delivered for tea tonight.  Apparently I've been a good and dutiful husband for spending all day doing my CV and job applications so I deserve a treat.

I did ask if there was an alternative "treat" on offer but I was told that I've not been that good :(

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I'm getting fed up of being self employed 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I think I may have fixed the intermittent problem with my internet connection.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

At 1502 this afternoon the sky was black over my house, it was hailstoning with lumps up to half an inch in diameter.

It is now 1547 and there is not a cloud in the sky.

Edited by Bearman
Spelling

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just lit my garden incinerator or metal drum. Enjoy nasty neighbours

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Just had a satisfying hour and a half with a paper shredder, 3 years of out of date documents, insurance policies, bank statements etc gone. My box files are virtually empty and once again I can now see the back of the cupboard.

Edited by Moose
  • Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:10 PM, Moose said:

Just had a satisfying hour and a half with a paper shredder, 3 years of out of date documents, insurance policies, bank statements etc gone. My box files are virtually empty and once again I can now see the back of the cupboard.

don't stop there, burn the cupboard, .-

I find a road atlas much more comforting to have in the car than a sat nav, although I do use a sat nav I never entirely trust it unlike the road atlas that cant lie to me

On 8/2/2017 at 9:15 AM, Griff9of13 said:

This sign has appeared at the end of my road:

36328626585_11e8ba5c85_b.jpg

Talk about "first world problems". :rolleyes:

Is that chap in the background in training for the local leap frog championships?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I find a road atlas much more comforting to have in the car than a sat nav, although I do use a sat nav I never entirely trust it unlike the road atlas that cant lie to me

Weeeellllll, yes, but! The last time I used a road atlas, I got lost. Not because I can't read them, but because it was about ten years out of date!

Mind you, I've never used satnav and I don't intend ever to use it, either.

Nowadays, I use the AA route planner and use it to print maps of any tricky sections.

Edited by tonyXIII
to add the last line

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, tonyXIII said:

Weeeellllll, yes, but! The last time I used a road atlas, I got lost. Not because I can't read them, but because it was about ten years out of date!

Mind you, I've never used satnav and I don't intend ever to use it, either.

Nowadays, I use the AA route planner and use it to print maps of any tricky sections.

Stone age. Sat navs are great. I was like you until I tried one. If you're alone they're much more convenient and safer. However, I do usually pre plan any route I'm not familiar with on Google Maps before setting out.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Singapore National Day today.

I'm in the office with a wonderful view of the harbour.

The Flag of Singapore consists of two horizontal halves, red above white. Red symbolises universal brotherhood and equality of man; white stands for pervading and everlasting purity and virtue. In the upper left corner, a white crescent moon and five white stars form a circle. The five stars stand for the ideals of democracy, peace, progress, justice and equality.

Equality of man?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas