Uninteresting Trivial Facts

10 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I've never seen a live super league game.

Neither have I. I've also technically never seen a live NRL game. I saw plenty of live NSWRL and ARL games but not NRL

I've finally tired the kitten out, she's panting away after half an hour of chasing a laser dot around the house.  My feet might get away without being used as chew toys tonight.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

16 minutes ago, ckn said:

I've finally tired the kitten out, she's panting away after half an hour of chasing a laser dot around the house.  My feet might get away without being used as chew toys tonight.

Here is an alternative to playing with and then being pestered by the cooking fat. Why don't you ask Futtocks for a recipe?

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Choose life or heroin or h.r.t

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

13 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I've had enough of broad beans. Other pulses are ok. But broad beans have had it

I'm several decades ahead of you on that count. Never could stand them.

Butter beans are okay though; it's a texture thing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, hindle xiii said:

I'm having a completely rugby league free 2018. Bulls, SL, Cup, internationals, forums, scores. Stepping away from them all. I've just had enough.

Bulls have had a RL free couple of seasons.

Hello everyone, using my local free internet cafe, AKA my ex's living room.

How is everyone?

I have moved into a new seafront flat, and have 2 job offers provisional on my DBS, if offered I may take both as they are only 20hrs per week.

My alcohol intake is down to double digit units per week, mainly because I can't afford it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Bulls have had a RL free couple of seasons.

Hello everyone, using my local free internet cafe, AKA my ex's living room.

How is everyone?

I have moved into a new seafront flat, and have 2 job offers provisional on my DBS, if offered I may take both as they are only 20hrs per week.

My alcohol intake is down to double digit units per week, mainly because I can't afford it.

Welcome back, Bleep. Good luck.

12 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

over 35 years later music still seems to be alive and vibrant contrary to the claim in the late 70s and early 80s that home taping was killing it.

It isn't exactly a financial pleasure for the people who actually make the music.

@RogerMcGuinn
Pandora played "Eight Miles High" 228086 times in the second quarter of 2016 and paid me $1.79

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It isn't exactly a financial pleasure for the people who actually make the music.

@RogerMcGuinn
Pandora played "Eight Miles High" 228086 times in the second quarter of 2016 and paid me $1.79

they made a statement that home taping was killing music it was up to them to elaborate

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

in fact how many bands got famous by sending a tape in - from that era - home taping their own music to send to promoters

That's not the "home taping" the record companies were talking about, quite clearly. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

That's not the "home taping" the record companies were talking about, quite clearly. 

they didn't stipulate that though, they just said home taping and didn't explain, anyhow music lives on to this day still

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

they didn't stipulate that though, they just said home taping and didn't explain, anyhow music lives on to this day still

Sophistry. You can't really fit that sort of detail into a slogan, without making it less of a slogan.

And musicians are making less per play today than back then. Where's the incentive to create, record and release, without Simon Cowell-level money behind you?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Sophistry. You can't really fit that sort of detail into a slogan, without making it less of a slogan.

And musicians are making less per play today than back then. Where's the incentive to create, record and release, without Simon Cowell-level money behind you?

i still think with that slogan they were more bothered about their own profits rather than artists being unable to flourish