Uninteresting Trivial Facts

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

i still think with that slogan they were more bothered about their own profits rather than artists being unable to flourish

How do you think they paid their artists, other than from the income from record sales?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

How do you think they paid their artists, other than from the income from record sales?

promotional appearances - videos- tours - image rights- marketing and sponsorship- re sale of writing royalties and cover rights - etc etc

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

promotional appearances - videos- tours - image rights- marketing and sponsorship- re sale of writing royalties and cover rights - etc etc

How does a record company pay for making those videos, booking those venues, funding the transport/accommodation for the band and crew, pay for the band's stage gear (instruments, amplification, lighting, staging), paying the road crew's wages, paying the marketing department's wages etc.?

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

How does a record company pay for making those videos, booking those venues, funding the transport/accommodation for the band and crew, pay for the band's stage gear (instruments, amplification, lighting, staging), paying the road crew's wages, paying the marketing department's wages etc.?

through management agents or in conjuction with

taping the sunday top 20 on cassette from the radio in 1982 when bucks fizz , hot chocolate and shakey where all the rage hasn't made a  jot of difference to todays music scene

On 01/09/2017 at 3:24 PM, jacksy said:

Will you be watching Discovery this September?

I'll be watching it. I hope they don't mess things up. I'm a bit worried the show makers will. 

For instance. Enterprise did well to close a loop hole on the different looks of  Klingons from Original Series to the newer movies & shows which I thought was clever at the time. They seem to have a new look again for Discovery which is meant to be cannon against those shows. 

I'm very nit picky it seems ??

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I'll be watching it. I hope they don't mess things up. I'm a bit worried the show makers will. 

For instance. Enterprise did well to close a loop hole on the different looks of  Klingons from Original Series to the newer movies & shows which I thought was clever at the time. They seem to have a new look again for Discovery which is meant to be cannon against those shows. 

I'm very nit picky it seems ??

Not at all. Pedantry is very undervalued these days. What about House of Cards, where Frank and Clare were elected POTUS and VP? How come nobody pointed out that, under Electoral College rules, the Pres and V-P must come from different States?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Not at all. Pedantry is very undervalued these days. What about House of Cards, where Frank and Clare were elected POTUS and VP? How come nobody pointed out that, under Electoral College rules, the Pres and V-P must come from different States?

Clare is from Texas and Frank is from Carolina.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

I just realised I made a mistake: the Electors cannot elect a Pres and a V-P both from the elector's home state.

Sorry Frank, please don't kill me.

Jacksy, I think, given they were married for so long, they would both have been registered in Georgia, as Frank would have needed to vote in his own District, although, as my correction points out, the point is moot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

I just realised I made a mistake: the Electors cannot elect a Pres and a V-P both from the elector's home state.

Sorry Frank, please don't kill me.

Jacksy, I think, given they were married for so long, they would both have been registered in Georgia, as Frank would have needed to vote in his own District, although, as my correction points out, the point is moot.

Its a great show 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Michael Black from swinton is white.

John Fordham-Brown from wath is Black.

Zoe Black... also of wath is Brown 

And Lizzy Blewiit who is from Alberta, as far as I know.... didn't!

im not black like barry white, im white like frank black is

I currently have an iPhone 6, my wife asked me if I wanted to get the new iPhone 8 for myself.  I thought about it then realised that Sainsbury's are selling Laphroaig 10yo at £30.  So, the choice is one iPhone 8 to replace a perfectly good iPhone 6 that's working quite well OR 23 bottles of Laphroaig and £9 to spare.

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 hours ago, ckn said:

I currently have an iPhone 6, my wife asked me if I wanted to get the new iPhone 8 for myself.  I thought about it then realised that Sainsbury's are selling Laphroaig 10yo at £30.  So, the choice is one iPhone 8 to replace a perfectly good iPhone 6 that's working quite well OR 23 bottles of Laphroaig and £9 to spare.

Bloody benefit scroungers!

26 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Bloody benefit scroungers!

:D I haven’t signed on yet...  I don’t qualify yet apparently. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

17 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The lump that Mrs Ginger has been getting very concerned about is benign.

I never thought of you as malignant, GJ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The lump that Mrs Ginger has been getting very concerned about is benign.

Pleased to hear it.:clapping:

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, ckn said:

It's suddenly become very dark outside, heavy thunderstorm dark.

A traditional Rugby League fan must be walking past your house...

Ralph Waldo Emerson