Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Just now, Futtocks said:

A traditional Rugby League fan must be walking past your house...

I'm sure I heard "IT SHOULD BE THE START OF THE SEASON, NOT NEARING THE END!"

• Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Boobytrap spelled backwards is partyboob.

its a long time since I enjoyed a partyboob,

I expected the garden furniture cover to have blown off on my arrival home from work after todays weather but its still intact

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

its a long time since I enjoyed a partyboob,

I expected the garden furniture cover to have blown off on my arrival home from work after todays weather but its still intact

I leave Visp on Friday.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I'm having a day off today and playing some computer games.  I'm playing Stellaris just now and I'm playing a random human race.  One of the aliens I've encountered in the game really doesn't like Bobs:

image.png

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

My cat is the dogs ballacks

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

My dad was once requested by Tony Benn to arrange The Internationale for brass band, for a concert in Durham. Being of a slightly different political persuasion to Wedgie, my dad did the job, but added (below the title) "Dedicated to the former Viscount Stansgate, in the hopes that he eventually regains his senses".

A delighted Tony Benn came backstage to congratulate the performers and sign the score. The bandleader kept his thumb firmly over the dedication throughout.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today I will be spending my day doing the garden, putting down for the winter, and writing a bid document for someone on a subject I know nothing about.

45 minutes ago, ckn said:

Today I will be spending my day doing the garden, putting down for the winter, and writing a bid document for someone on a subject I know nothing about.

You writing about summat you know nowt about?

Never, I don't believe it?

• Haha 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

3 minutes ago, Bearman said:

If I, as an ageing 15 stone bloke who does no exercise, can pass commentary on the skill and mistakes of gymnastics involving teenage girls who weigh less than my thigh during the Olympics then I can pass commentary on anything!

10 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Seriously though, it's just whipping a bunch of clinicians into writing some stuff that I can translate into a legible bid document.  After all, doctors have nothing better to do with their time than write 21,000 word bids to secure their jobs, don't they?

I have about 30,000 words of unintelligible random typings that I hope I can manipulate into 39 separate questions' scoring patterns.

Using Ctrl + Alt + Space starts the Read Aloud functionality in Microsoft Office 365.

I discovered this when I randomly hit some keys by accident while trying to stop my phone dropping from my hand.

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

Using Ctrl + Alt + Space starts the Read Aloud functionality in Microsoft Office 365.

I discovered this when I randomly hit some keys by accident while trying to stop my phone dropping from my hand.

couldn't you have simply curled the fingers inwards thus securing said phone in the hand? just a thought

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

couldn't you have simply curled the fingers inwards thus securing said phone in the hand? just a thought

I had it wedged between my ear and shoulder while on a call, I then unsuccessfully tried to grab it to put it down and it slid down my ample cleavage and six-keg towards the keyboard where I tried to rescue it.  I did, but my fingers still mashed the lower keys of my keyboard and Microsoft Word started telling me about the benefits of GPs and pharmacists working together to meet the KPIs in the Service Specification.

With 15 hours to go until this bid needs to be done, we're knackered.  I've been enforcing minimum 10 minute breaks per hour with me scaring doctors and pharmacists away from computers so their brains don't melt with this bid.  We're starting to get to the point we're needing 20 minutes per hour break to just keep going, I'm being daft and spending my break time on here and drinking coffee.  One doctor got a very loud earful from his wife for missing a Diwali celebration tonight, he was tired and stupid enough to say "damn, I'm missing an evening with your mother".

• Like 1

There's a video on YouTube by a Glaswegian who gets very angry and starts calling someone a dirty, dirty ####. Because of his regional pronunciation of "dirty" there are Americans in the comments section asking why "duct tape" is an insult.

• Haha 1

Thanks to Pointless, I now know that the correct term for a hashtag or sharp (in musical notation) is an 'octothorp'.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson